What's needed to upgrade?

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My duster currently has 9" drums but I have FMJ spindles and A-body upper control arms. I do have the rotors and calipers but figured those are best used as cores. What else is needed to upgrade the brakes to the 11.75 discs?

Since your car was drum/drum you need a new combination valve to replace your distribution block. The drum/drum master cylinders are different as well.

Since your car was drum/drum you need a new combination valve to replace your distribution block. The drum/drum master cylinders are different as well.

Rats. Guess I shoulda pulled the mc of the 74 Valiant that I got my UCAs from Monday. Might go back Saturday n get it.

Thanks Joe. Will the prop valve from the 79 aspen work? Now that I think about it I'd pulled that off when I got all the brake stuff. Wish I'd gotten to the 74 valiant at the pull a part b4 someone robbed all the brake stuff.

Where do I get said adapters?

Dr. Diff sells them for $90

http://www.doctordiff.com/disc-brake-slider-caliper-mounts-backets-for-11-3-4-rotor-upgrade.html

Will the prop valve from the 79 aspen work?

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same. Depending on the rear brakes, the Aspen may have had larger diameter rear wheel cylinders. That could alter the bias a little. But that's a pretty well known trick for fine tuning brake bias anyway, changing to the later wheel cylinders to keep the rears from locking up early.

I might just put on the brake stuff I have then I ca. Always upgrade to the 11.75 later.

-
Back