whats the deal with a 2dr post

-

GT_My_way

Reaction score
I have a 67 dart 2dr post. I dont see that many post cars around are they a tougher find or just a regular ol dart. however I do need drip rail molding would i have to get it for the "post"?

heres some photos of my 67 dart post

1488190-Ti.jpg

1488193-S.jpg

1488224-dart.JPG

1488192-S.jpg

1488191-S.jpg

Hey 340mopar, love that car man! I hope to build the dart equivalent to it for summer racing season.

I was supposed to finish the body work and paint it this winter (off season) but was to cold, (and a little lazy) I need to get heat in my shop. These 5 to 10 degree evenings are tough to work in. Thanks for the compliment!

Ive got a 67 valiant 2dr post. Dont see too many around at all.

Man I found a 68 318/auto Valiant 2 dr post car in a Texarkana JY 2 years ago. It had a dent in the left front fender, probably from setting it on the ground. Otherwise the car looked in excellent condition. Perfect dash pad and no rust inside or out. What a shame. It is the same color as my 68 Dart 2 dr post. The color is a blue/green called Surf. It was missing the rims only. The guy at the window checked to see if he still had the title but sadly it had been sent to Austin and was to much of a hassle for the guy to try and get me a salvage title. I told him set a price and I'd haul it back to Houston and handle the details. Well I tried but he wouldn't go for it. :sad2: :sad2: :cwm10: I can only dream. 2 68's 1 Dart. 1 Valliant both 2 dr post. Both the same color. :sad2:

It would be interesting to see how many of us have a 2dr post (sedan). Come on guy's put in a post about your post.

We'll see if this works, this shoud be a pick of mine when I first got it.

Drew

my dart (2).jpg

"They Rain" - especially with a soon to drop in 388 stroker that should get me in the low 12s (gasp-11s)

It's pretty simple. For years hardtops were easy to find and you couldn't give away a sedan so they would up in wrecking yards faster than hardtops. I do know where a 68 and a 69 Valiant 2-doors are sitting within a couple of miles of each other. They are both growing cobwebs and parked at the street. I keep thinking I'll stop and see if they'll let them go, but I don't want/need them. I'll point anybody in the direction, though (here in Fresno).

GT_My_way said:
I have a 67 dart 2dr post. I dont see that many post cars around are they a tougher find or just a regular ol dart. however I do need drip rail molding would i have to get it for the "post"?

From what I have read they are ligter and stiffer than hardtops,both good things :thumblef: IMHO they look better.

tcp710

Ive got a 67 valiant 2dr post. Dont see too many around at all.

I got on of these also, but someone put a 70 Valiant frontend on it. SO its a 70 coming and a 67 going.... :)

I have a 69 Valiant 200, it was a 4 door, but I made it a 2 door, being a post it was easy.
273, magnum heads, 5 speed, 8 3/4 mini tubbed, springs relocated, tubular uppers, alum rad.
Valiant006.jpg

this picture shows what I started with
valiant.jpg

-
Back