Whats the differance between R4 red and R6 red colors

-

69340swinger

Reaction score
What the differances between the 2 colors. When I was a kid a neighbor had a 1969 red 340 swinger with a bench seat and a 4 speed. I am now looking for one to purchase. as i remember his car it had a slight orange hue to it. Whitch color code do you think it may have been.

Had an LM23P9B, E55, D21, R4, R4, L2X. It's pretty orange. If you parked next to a red car it looked orange. If you put it next to my buddys big block 4spd hugger orange Nova, then it was red. Kind of a reddish/orange, or orangeish/red.

Let me try and decode this

L= dart
M= Class?
23=2 door hard top
P=340
9=1969
B= hamtrac
E55=?
D21= 4 speed
R4=performance red
R4= ?
L2X=?

It's pretty orange. If you parked next to a red car it looked orange.

Do you have any pictures of the car. Sounds like you had my dream car. So R4 sounds like the color I want ?
Thanks for helping

check out my car- its R4 if I don't wash it every week and wax it starts to look real orange- but its also the originaloxidized paint.- when I got it the deck lid was so oxidized that I thought it was off of a white car! check my sig! :drinkers:

M=medium price class (Swinger)
E55= 340
R4 R4= bottom and top color, bright red (Dodge), both top & bottom are the same color. Ply R4 is called performance red. Same formula but Dodge calls it one thing and Ply calls it another. Like FM3, panther pink (Dodge), moulon rouge (Ply).
L=low trim grade, 2=vinyl bench seat, X=black.
Dart Swinger, 340, 4spd, black bench seat
Owned the car for 19 or 20 yrs and only have a couple of pics of it. see if we can find one. Nice color, I liked it. Ray

mrspeeddemon said:
check out my car- its R4 if I don't wash it every week and wax it starts to look real orange- but its also the originaloxidized paint.- when I got it the deck lid was so oxidized that I thought it was off of a white car! check my sig! :drinkers:

Thank you for the link to the color. I thinks thats it .Ill have to stop back at your site when i get a few minutes to read about your car.

-
Back