What's the Difference Between Recent and New Posts Now?

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
There used to be a difference between New Posts and Recent Posts. However, regardless of which one I choose now (at least on my laptop), I get the same posts in the same order. Plus, If I select Recent Posts, The information line tells me I am looking an "New Posts"?
So is there a difference?

Recent posts will show you all the threads with recent posts including those you have posted in if yours is last. New posts will only show the thread if there is new posts after yours.

For example. Click new posts before you reply to this again and the thread will not show up. Click recent posts and it will.

Recent Posts will show you all the recent posts, including those that you've already read.

New posts will only show those that are new to you. They won't show threads you've already read.

"New Posts" is my landing page for FxBO sites.

That way I only see posts I haven't read* or posts that have been added to after I posted something.

Extremely handy way to sift through all the posts here without duplication.

* actually, if you've seen the post "header", that counts too, and I take that as an "I wasn't interested" and I don't see it again unless someone adds to it.

Using the "new posts" page can easily limit the pages of posts you've "not seen" to 10 or less on a given visit to the site.

As stated above- "recent posts" shows all within a specific time frame, whether you've seen the header, have added content, or not.

Not nearly as useful but it is handy if you want to find something you saw a couple days ago, but didn't click on.

-
Back