????? WHATS THIS DANA 60 or 70

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
Recently accquired this diff thinking Its a Dana 60 but the Pat # suggests its a 70 How hard and what involved in converting it to an A Body????????

Attachments

• Dana1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Dana3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 217
  • dana 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 237
Pretty sure to convert is just the correct flange and cutting it down and move spring preachs that about it, you'll also need new drums or a rear disc setup. Also Im pretty sure the difference between a d60 and d70 is that the d70 was a full floater where as the d60 is not.

So What you are saying is to throw everything away except the housing and the gear set, can you get aftermarket axles for these , or would it be easier to convert an 8 3/4 Thanx

No matter which one that is, it's a full floater. Save that one for your Power Wagon project. It would take a lot of time and money to narrow and convert it to a semi-floater.

What's the center section look like. It's a floater rear. Look on the lower right web when looking at the gear set, cover off, and see if there is a 60 cast in it.

Housing ends are 50-100, shorten cost about 50-150 around here.

It really looks like a 70 to me, sell it to sombody with a 4x4
You can buy 60's cheap, cut them down, Mopar sells the axle ends to weld on a 60 that takes 8.75 hardware.
Custom axles, standard 8.75 brakes, Cheap to build.
I sold a matching set of 60 and 44 front with 4.10 gears for $100 becuse I was tired of tripping over them when I went in the barn.
The good thing with 60's they most always have decent gears 3.73 to 4.56 on average.
Available in Dodge, Chevy and Ford.

-
Back