Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
Or is that pressure?

Turbo?
Centrifugal?
8/71?

Benefits? Drawbacks?

Let's get the conversation going please.

Wylde1.

A 8-71 does have a certain panache that's hard to top. I've been wanting a project with a big Rootes blower through the hood for a while. However, my Dart has gone with a turbo - the packaging suits a slant six a lot better, and the lower intake temperatures are a big bonus too.

Turbos have been popping up on here more and more. Wouldn't a ProCharger or Paxton type unit be easier to package and give you the boost you want?

Wylde1.

These are actually an effective way to add minor boost in weird areas. Electric super chargers have been on the market before. I haven't seen one make more than 3 psi. But, that was a long time ago.

Although it wasn't an option (but close enough to the 8-71), I am going with a 6-71. The 8-71 woudl be a little too much for my setup.

Turbos have been popping up on here more and more. Wouldn't a ProCharger or Paxton type unit be easier to package and give you the boost you want?

Wylde1.

They all have their good and bad.

roots....nostalgic look, damn cool...sticks thru the hood

centrifugal...under hood, has that noticeable "whine", mash the gas and the power is there....takes HP to spin the blower (parasitic loss)...

turbo...quiet....no parasitic loss....if built properly spooling and turbo lag have little impact....mash the gas and the power is there, drive normal and you can still have decent fuel economy and driveability....there's good reason that the oem level goes for turbos over superchargers more often....

We build and support both centrifugal supercharger systems
see here:
http://www.sd-concepts.com/documents/moparsuperchargerkits.pdf

and turbo systems
see here:
http://www.sd-concepts.com/documents/sdce_profile_mopar_turbo.pdf

for the money, our twin turbo mopar systems are a better value...

Those are really nice. Man...I could totally go to jail with one of those TT setups. lol

What does the base setup cost?

Those are really nice. Man...I could totally go to jail with one of those TT setups. lol

What does the base setup cost?

Thanks! Base kit price is about $5100.00...good for 400hp to 900hp...

Thanks! Base kit price is about $5100.00...good for 400hp to 900hp...

I'm imagining a 440ci smallblock with twin turbos! Sprinkle in a healthy dose of Leanna's powdercoating magic for an extra dash of splash. :love7:

Now, I gotta ask....... what if we want 1,200 hp at the wheels? Gotta beat the local '68 Firechicken with twin turbos blowing through a carb. At a local dyno day this kid pulled in off the street and clicked off 900 at the wheels. Then they cranked the boost and hit 1,000. A little more boost and 1,100. That's when he decided that was enough. A brand new Z06 vette with a reported $25,000 in mods only hit 650hp at the wheels.

Wylde1.

Whats my pleasure??...none that you have listed i find it more rewarding getting it done NATURALLY ASPIRATED without the help or need of any power adder..geez,anybody can have a turbo,blower, nitrous ect added..

wylde for that kind of power, i would say that a twin turbo setup with maybe a bigger turbos and more PSI would beat him, although i do love the roots blowers comin up outta the hood. they have that parasitic drag. do you know what size motor the kids firebird had, cause if he had a 350 or 400 the 440 could beat him with the same turbo setup imo.

wylde for that kind of power, i would say that a twin turbo setup with maybe a bigger turbos and more PSI would beat him, although i do love the roots blowers comin up outta the hood. they have that parasitic drag. do you know what size motor the kids firebird had, cause if he had a 350 or 400 the 440 could beat him with the same turbo setup imo.

Ya know when the kid pulled in, the car was quiet and unassuming. Nobody paid any attention to it at all. It was painted a boring grey-ish colour and had some nice rims. That was about it. The hood was up and I was with a couple Mopar buddies. We never checked it out. Then he hit the dyno and everyone was saying,"what the hell?" when they yelled out 900hp. Then it went up from there. We were all stunned and scratching our heads.

Wylde1.

Whats my pleasure??...none that you have listed i find it more rewarding getting it done NATURALLY ASPIRATED without the help or need of any power adder..geez,anybody can have a turbo,blower, nitrous ect added..

I didn't put a N/A option for the poll because this is in the "Forced Induction Mopar" forum. But thanks for stoppin' by and whining (as usual). :crybaby:

Wylde1.

I'm imagining a 440ci smallblock with twin turbos! Sprinkle in a healthy dose of Leanna's powdercoating magic for an extra dash of splash. :love7:

Now, I gotta ask....... what if we want 1,200 hp at the wheels? Gotta beat the local '68 Firechicken with twin turbos blowing through a carb. At a local dyno day this kid pulled in off the street and clicked off 900 at the wheels. Then they cranked the boost and hit 1,000. A little more boost and 1,100. That's when he decided that was enough. A brand new Z06 vette with a reported $25,000 in mods only hit 650hp at the wheels.

Wylde1.

Gotta go like hell AND look good to boot! :cheers:
A kit like the purple Duster to run high 7's/ low 8's is in the $6500-$7000 price range. The track numbers prove all of it...his mph is in the 166-170 range. :)
I'd like to see the track numbers of the firechicken to see if he puts down a MPH that equals "real" 1100HP. MPH is proof of how much nut a car really has....

my pleasure will be a twinscrew, they make stupid boost without alot of heat or extra tubing,unfortionaly not the best choice for stealth or sleeper.

Dang Prine :cheers::cheers::cheers:8)

-
Back