Wheel adapters?

-

BigBlockMopar28

Reaction score
What experience have you guys had with running wheel adapters to change bolt pattern? Also, what tends to be some solid brands? Thanks

Cast aluminum adapters are soft. A impact will feck them up. Billet aluminum adapters are harder and cost more. A impact is still not recommended. Use a torque wrench to install them.
Adapters got a bad reputation years ago because they would work loose in many applications. Those applications were where the adapter sat on top of a welded drum balance weight. The mounting faces should meet flat and continuous. If a drum balance weight does get under the adapter, you'll need to clearance cut the adapter.

in my experience with all sorts of adapters and spacers, the cast aluminum are very brittle and crack very easily. the billet aluminum is the only way to go. they are softer and will not crack or work loose when used properly. in some cases they still won't when abused. 4 wheelers have been hammering on them for many years.

Never used them my self but my dad has. He has a pair from the 60s that he used. He told me that the lug nuts kept coming loose. Never used them again

I've used them. I didn't have a problem, but I know it's not the best way to do it....

I've run them for about 20 years without issue on my race car and streetcars.

Ever see a FACTORY DUALLY? They have spacers from the factory. Never seen on fail either.

-
Back