Wheel cylinder hard line

-

Gabriel Larson

Reaction score
Dose anyone know a part number or name for the hardline that comes of the wheel cylinder on the front drums?

image.jpg

Looks like the line for 9" front brakes. You'll probably have to make that puppy. I don't think Mopar ever made that as a replacement part....at least I don't find it in my factory parts book. It just lists some universal tubing.

That brings me into another question the drum backing plates has a 9 but when measuring the drum it is a 10 inch drum

75EDF6BC-E15C-44FE-8CF9-7E68B0053941.jpeg

26127A1E-23A0-4EC8-9F56-9FF9B9E5DE8C.jpeg

Have you checked Fine Lines to see if they make a replacement? If they don't, call them anyway. I bet they will make them for you. They didn't list the correct fuel pump to carb lines for my car. I sent them my original ones and they made me a new set.

That's for 10" drum brakes. You shouldn't need those short hard lines. Those were only used on the 9" brakes. The brake hose should go directly into the wheel cylinder. Did you do some sort of conversion? Looks like you have a hodgepodge of parts there.

That's for 10" drum brakes. You shouldn't need those short hard lines. Those were only used on the 9" brakes. The brake hose should go directly into the wheel cylinder. Did you do some sort of conversion? Looks like you have a hodgepodge of parts there.
no first time looking at the brakes. very interesting!

You can make your own lines(if need be) with NiCop brake lines. VERY easy to bend.
I just made some lines and got some of those nicop went back and found steel. I wouldn't put that soft stuff on my vehicles. But have you had luck I mean after a few panic stops?

I havent put them in use. They are rated as brake lines. You can buy them preflared with fittings as I did. When the time comes for a test I will but I see no need to worry.
I just made some lines and got some of those nicop went back and found steel. I wouldn't put that soft stuff on my vehicles. But have you had luck I mean after a few panic stops?

-
Back