Wheel Opening Molding

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I need a set of wheel opening moldings for the Dart Sport project.......

I got some from Layson last time......no luck now.......Where can I get them without breaking the bank?

NEED some.........New, good used, ????? Anybody? Links? Leads? :read2:

.............and as compared to other repro's already available for certain Mopars, the price is not just outrageous, it's disgusting. (pardon me while I vent...).

If anyone else has any other links, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.......$400. is way out of line....BUT, I know.......it's all subjective.........:read2:

Would 70 Dart trim work? I have 3 pieces I am about to Ebay.....would let individuals (PF, PR, DR) go for $40 a piece shipped where ever in the 48 states.

I need a set of wheel opening moldings for the Dart Sport project.......

I got some from Layson last time......no luck now.......Where can I get them without breaking the bank?

NEED some.........New, good used, ????? Anybody? Links? Leads? :read2:

Layson is still open and running. I called them today and got the scoop. They have dropped the charges as in Washington so are allowed to sell. They can't sell items that are ma mopar type but can sell emblems,trim etc... They are selling items that are made by the small "ma and pa" companys.

Would 70 Dart trim work? I have 3 pieces I am about to Ebay.....would let individuals (PF, PR, DR) go for $40 a piece shipped where ever in the 48 states.

How about this guys........I'm pretty sure that Dart trim is different than Duster/Demon.BUT, do the fronts maybe work?........Anything the same on these 2 body styles?

according to the parts interchange book darts from 1969-1974 the fronts will interchange. the rear according to the book says that the 1970-1974 duster, and the 1971-1972 demon & 1973-1974 dart sport are the same? learned something there..... hope this helps

Year One

DW67S Wheel opening molding set for 1967-1976 Dart and Dart Swinger models.
$411.00
DW76AS Wheel opening molding set for 1971-1973 Demon and 1973-1976 Dart Sport models.
$473.00

You have been given some places to buy them. Are you wanting used?

If you don't mind used ones, you could always try Texas Acres...they seem to have everything and then some as long as it is mopar.

I know there are a couple of places to buy these things, BUT $400-500. is just plain outrageous.........

I bought a nice set from Layson a couple of years back for $275.......great fit and look......They don't have any right now, and with the trouble, I'm not sure they will......Price is $300.+ they said.......not too bad.

Other cars wheel well trim is selling for as low as $225..........I'm just not wantin' to be robbed like this for what amounts to the same material, the same quality, but a different application..............it really stinks. I'll let them sit on the shelf for that money.

I'll just keep shoppin'.

Layson is still open and running. I called them today and got the scoop. They have dropped the charges as in Washington so are allowed to sell. They can't sell items that are ma mopar type but can sell emblems,trim etc... They are selling items that are made by the small "ma and pa" companys.

I would seriously think it over before ordering from Layson's. I mean come on...from what I've heard, shipping items out in the past was kind of sketchy. Now with all their problems, I doubt customer satisfaction will be their main priority. Look elsewhere...that's your best bet.

Year One

DW67S Wheel opening molding set for 1967-1976 Dart and Dart Swinger models.
$411.00
DW76AS Wheel opening molding set for 1971-1973 Demon and 1973-1976 Dart Sport models.
$473.00

You have been given some places to buy them. Are you wanting used?

Year One gets these wheel opening molding from Layson's. You better check with Year One to verify they have them in stock.

I tried to to get them for my demon from Year One. Back ordered since Oct. 07.Paid 600.00 for a set of NOS dated 1971 new in the original wrapper from Great Lakes Mopar. Greenville MI 616 754 7295 MIKE P.S. I looked at alot of junk b4 I found these.

engine car picture 010.jpg

You might want to put those in a closet........they'll hold their value and probably go up........unless you compete the 100 point show circuit........

Those are probably worth their weight in gold.........8)

-
Back