wheel opening trim

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
Anyone know of any deals on wheel opening trim for a 67 barracuda? The best I can find with shipping is $325.

Have you checked the cost with some of the discounts Classic Industries run? They like to eat you up with shipping, but they had a 35% discount a couple of weeks ago, which is really good.

That aftermarket trim is to thick and hard to fit! It is doable but be be prepared to cuss a bit!

The only place i could find any was Layson's. Yes it is a bit of a challenge to put on but looks a lot better than the old, original stuff. They had a discount a couple months ago, don't know if it is still on.

The price you have to pay sometimes with these old cars. The w/o trim on my 66 is parts of 4 different sets. It took 2 years or so to get a fairly nice set. I always look for good trim pieces. A couple years ago a young lad from California was stripping his car and sold me almost a whole car/set for $100 + shipping. You just never know. Be patient and you will eventually find what you need. tmm

Contact rick@laysons he is a member here and i believe laysons is a sponsor. They had a sweet deal on them around Christmas time I believe.

The price you have to pay sometimes with these old cars. The w/O trim on my 66 is parts if 4 different sets. It took 2 years or so to get a fairly nice set. I always look for good trim pieces. A couple years ago a young lad from California was stripping his car and sold me almost a whole car/set for $100 + shipping. You just never know. Be patient and you will eventually find what you need. tmm

I had bought a set a few years ago and only 3 of the mount holes were there and they are hard anodized so forming them is impossible as they are to thick. My originals lined up great but were badly scraped and dented. Patients is the word here!

I tried hard to get them to fit and eventually gave up and lucked in to some originals. Oh and They also were a tad long and needed trimming on the ends.

Maybe they have some new tooling and they are better now? The ones I got on E-bay came from Classic in the original packaging and were originally produced by MetroParts out of South Georgia. I know OER bought that tooling and are now producing them for Classic and others. Rick from Laysons can confirm this for sure.

Last edited:
By the way not trying to bumm you out, but think you should know the pro's and cons. They look really nice and with some patience and work they will fit! This is true with many of the aftermarket parts for our cars! Some pieces are better than others but almost all can be massaged a bit to work and look fine! They can certainly be less expensive even with re-work than finding pristine originals!

By the way not trying to bumm you out, but think you should know the pro's and cons. They look really nice and with some patience and work they will fit! This is true with many of the aftermarket parts for our cars! Some pieces are better than others but almost all can be massaged a bit to work and look fine! They can certainly be less expensive even with re-work than finding pristine originals!
Thank for the info, maybe I should look for a good used set.

-
Back