Wheel paint help!

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
so I am getting ready to paint my magnum 500 wheels argent and black with a rattle can, should I clear coat the rims afterwards, and if so, is there a good clear coat in rattle can or should I use a spray gun?

painted many a wheel with spray cans. no problem. never did the clear coat thing so can't answer that. only thing i've had go bad is it will fade over the years. so what? paint 'em again. i've had my rally wheels for about 35 years, just stripped them & went to a new color for the duster i just bought.

Duplicolor now makes a clear coat rattle can just for wheels. I have used it for coating parts I sandblasted and wanted the steel look. I have never used it on wheels but it has worked for the other parts I coated. Give it a try. available at all Autozone, Oreillys etc. Post some pics when you're done.

Krylon Metallic 41403 Dull Aluminum is very close to the factory(I learn that on here).
8 bucks a can or so.
Darryl

Dupli Color works well. Used it,essentially acrylic enamel in a can,touchy to use.The best I have used,Martin Senour's argent metallic wheel paint.The tip has a sweeter,wider spray pattern.If it doesn't have a blue,tall tip,I would pass on it.

-
Back