wheel stud size rear axle 8 3/4?

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Have a inside tire rub issue that requires me to add a 5/16 spacer on rear axle. Does anyone know the orig equipment or stock stud length and knurl dia. for the 8 3/4 on a 71 Duster 340 car with disc front and drum rear (if that Matters)? I need to find a stud approx 1/4 to 1/2 longer. Anyone selling them? Thanks

Rock auto sometimes has detailed drawings of studs. Try that for a start.

Are the rear axles SBP or BBP? I have both and can get a measurement but don't want to dig more than needed in my pile of stuff. Let me know which and I'll drag out the correct one.

Are the rear axles SBP or BBP? I have both and can get a measurement but don't want to dig more than needed in my pile of stuff. Let me know which and I'll drag out the correct one.
small bolt. thanks

My original SBP studs have a knurl diameter of .461 or so, after being pressed out of the axle. If I recall correctly, the new knurl is about .472 but YMMV. Length of the stud not counting the head is 1.40.

My original SBP studs have a knurl diameter of .461 or so, after being pressed out of the axle. If I recall correctly, the new knurl is about .472 but YMMV. Length of the stud not counting the head is 1.40.
Thanks I found some Dorman 1.75 long with .475 knurl that I think should work.

Don't forget Right and Left !
Just kidding.
For myself, I found the wheel selection a bit better by having Moser redrill my Kelsey Hayes to the BBP and 1/2" studs up front. I think there maybe enough room, for you, to redrill the rear axles and also the drums. IIRR
I went to different axles and green bearings which leads to different brakes also. IIRR again ! LOL
Ended up going with disc in the rear which leads to changing the Master cyl and proportioning valve which leads to .........

-
Back