wheel to gear ratio

-

prostr340duster

Reaction score
Hello all. Looking to buy a new set of tires for my duster. Presently I have mt sportsman pro's 29x15.50x15 and a 4:10 gear what changes would I get if I went with a 28 inch tall mt street radial with that gear or should I stay with the taller tire and switch up to a 4:30 gear. The car is a street strip car. Drive to the track and run 12:50's put the air cleaner back on then drive home. Just curious Thanks Jerry

Reducing your tire diameter from 29 to 28 inches would result in the same ratio if you kept the 29" tire an switched to a 4.30:1 gearset. Probably not a whole lot of difference from what car does now. Either way is going to cost you $$.

Reducing your tire diameter from 29 to 28 inches would result in the same ratio if you kept the 29" tire an switched to a 4.30:1 gearset. Probably not a whole lot of difference from what car does now. Either way is going to cost you $$.

That's right!

You would have to let one stay the same and change the other in order to have a difference.

hi, something to consider, when you put a deeper gear in the rear, you will have more gear ratio in high gear. this makes for a longer leverage ,which will move car faster. a taller tire./deeper gear will be quicker. keeping your tire and lowering gear ratio will be a worthwhile change.

-
Back