Wheel Vintiques quality

-

jawbone

Cuda_queer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with wheel vintiques Rallye wheels regarding quality issues. Any comments would be appreciated.

Does anyone have experience with wheel vintiques Rallye wheels regarding quality issues. Any comments would be appreciated.
I went through a few for gouges and paint defects. Bought them through Summit. I will say they were good about taking care of the issues.

I have a friend that has a set of their 15" wheels with the 4" bolt circle and they are great. He bought them because the original 14" wheels were too close to the front brake calipers.

Last edited:
I went through a few for gouges and paint defects. Bought them through Summit. I will say they were good about taking care of the issues.
Thanks toolmanmike for your comment. Enjoyed reading about your engine build.

I have a friend that has a set of their 15" wheels with the 4" bolt circle and they are great. He bought the because the original 14" wheels were too close to the front brake calipers.
Thanks for your comment Demonracer.

I've got a set of their 14" SBP Ralleyes. I had to clean off some of the powder coat on the edge that makes contact with the hub but that was easy. Otherwise everything else was fine. The ones from Summit came with a different backspacing than the factory wheels. So I had to get deep dish beauty rings to fit without a gap where the beauty ring meets the spokes/center part if the wheel
Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 10.45.46 AM.png

I've got a set of their 14" SBP Ralleyes. I had to clean off some of the powder coat on the edge that makes contact with the hub but that was easy. Otherwise everything else was fine. The ones from Summit came with a different backspacing than the factory wheels. So I had to get deep dish beauty rings to fit without a gap where the beauty ring meets the spokes/center part if the wheel
View attachment 1716301058
Your issue with beauty ring was a concern of mine as well. I take it the ones offered by wheel vintiques are correct. Thanks for your comment. Have not heard of anything bad yet.

View attachment 1716301058
My 15x7's don't play with the beauty ring well. It's like they welded the centers in backwards. The hoops of any wheel have a taper on one side and a fairly sharp bend on the other. The sharp bend is on the outside and screws with the trim rings I have. May be those "deep dish" rings would take care of that.

wheel drop.jpg

Your issue with beauty ring was a concern of mine as well. I take it the ones offered by wheel vintiques are correct. Thanks for your comment. Have not heard of anything bad yet.
I bought my beauty rings from Classic Industries
MW925 - 2.5" deep rallye (brushed) - used on my 14x6
MW900B - 3" deep rallye (brushed)- used on my 14x7

Here is how the beauty rings fit

Front 2.5" deep
IMG_8302.jpg

No gap

Rear (3" deep)
IMG_8301.jpg

You can see a slight gap on the rear but I think it looks ok. The gap is maybe 1/4".

My 15x7's don't play with the beauty ring well. It's like they welded the centers in backwards. The hoops of any wheel have a taper on one side and a fairly sharp bend on the other. The sharp bend is on the outside and screws with the trim rings I have. May be those "deep dish" rings would take care of that.

View attachment 1716301061
I don't recall how mine looked without the rings. Maybe they goofed on yours? As you can see above, the 3" rings fit nicely. They were hard to put on. It took two sets of hands.

View attachment 1716301061
Have not heard of that issue. Good way to loose a beauty ring.

I bought my beauty rings from Classic Industries
MW925 - 2.5" deep rallye (brushed) - used on my 14x6
MW900B - 3" deep rallye (brushed)- used on my 14x7

Here is how the beauty rings fit

Front 2.5" deep
View attachment 1716301063
No gap

Rear (3" deep)
View attachment 1716301062
You can see a slight gap on the rear but I think it looks ok. The gap is maybe 1/4".
I think they came out looking great. The gap is small. The gap worries me as well when I find something. Hopefully beauty ring fits as well.

I've got some 15x6 fronts and 15x7s rear on my dart sport. Been on for 8 to 10 years no-issues. Back then I ordered mopar beauty rings and they went on no problem.

Car us @ my aunts house now. I'll have to go in a week or so. I'll try and get pics. It's pretty dirty though!

I bought a used pair of the 15" X 7" sbp Rallye wheels (produced in 2006) from FABO member Ken (72Dart6pack) a few years ago. They seem perfectly fine.

IMG_5143.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

IMG_5147.JPG

I bought a set of the standard rims in 15 x 7 x 4.25 back space from Summit.
The box said they were 4.25" back space.
Rims looked real nice, cleaned them up a painted them bc/cc.
Then noticed #$%@& they were actually 4.5" back space, sold them at a loss, because they would not fit my car.

I bought a set of the standard rims in 15 x 7 x 4.25 back space from Summit.
The box said they were 4.25" back space.
Rims looked real nice, cleaned them up a painted them bc/cc.
Then noticed #$%@& they were actually 4.5" back space, sold them at a loss, because they would not fit my car.
Good information. Sorry for the loss.

15 x 8 -- 4 1/2" backset fit my a body. ????
I think my 15 x 8s were sold as 4 5/8 backspace in like '01. Spring side no worries, could get my fingers in between tire and springs.
Fender side took some tweaking with the Channellocks on the fender opening. There is that seam on the inside with the downward pointing edge to consider also. '72 Swinger btw.

i don't have their rallys but have a set of their steel wheels with custom backspace and they have been great.. been on the car since 2015 or 2016

-
Back