Wheel Vintiques quality

-
i don't have their rallys but have a set of their steel wheels with custom backspace and they have been great.. been on the car since 2015 or 2016
I was looking at their catalog recently. The "custom backspace" option doesn't look like it's available any longer . "What we make is what we make" kinda thing.

I think my 15 x 8s were sold as 4 5/8 backspace in like '01. Spring side no worries, could get my fingers in between tire and springs.
Fender side took some tweaking with the Channellocks on the fender opening. There is that seam on the inside with the downward pointing edge to consider also. '72 Swinger btw.
Thanks. Very good to know. Was going with the 8 as well. Now don't know if I want to go down that road.

I can't say from experience but when I was looking, I ran into a Rash of complaints online about WV having issues with tru-wobble so I ended up deciding on US Wheel. They are mounted and balanced with no issues though I haven't actually driven the car yet. I will say that I had thrown out various questions over a few years with US's customer service and they were very helpful and personable. I bought them through Jegs though and realized that I had miscalculated the offset because I have 2.5" B body brakes on it. I talked to the contact at US wheel and he worked with Jegs to get me the alternate offset wheels with no hiccups. Their C.S. is Top notch. I did pay the return shipping which is more than fair.

I can't say from experience but when I was looking, I ran into a Rash of complaints online about WV having issues with tru-wobble so I ended up deciding on US Wheel. They are mounted and balanced with no issues though I haven't actually driven the car yet. I will say that I had thrown out various questions over a few years with US's customer service and they were very helpful and personable. I bought them through Jegs though and realized that I had miscalculated the offset because I have 2.5" B body brakes on it. I talked to the contact at US wheel and he worked with Jegs to get me the alternate offset wheels with no hiccups. Their C.S. is Top notch. I did pay the return shipping which is more than fair.
Most informative, thanks for the response.

I have a friend that has a set of their 15" wheels with the 4" bolt circle and they are great. He bought them because the original 14" wheels were too close to the front brake calipers.
If there is a will there is a way. I installed US Indy wheels 15 X 8.5 on the front of my B300 72' dodge van, 35 years ago, but I had to grind a little off the caliber for clearance. The van came with 16 inch wheels. I needed a fatter tire for my installed 340. Rears were 10", but that was no problem on the clearance. Just don't take off more than you need. Note: also needed 1/2 spacers on the front rotors.

-
Back