wheels and Tires for a 64 Barracuda.

-

Boris

Reaction score
Need some advice folks. I would like to put 15" wheels and tires on the fish, 225 x 60 x 15 on the rears and 195 x 60 x 15 on the front. My question is what back spacing on the wheels do i need?

4-4.5 with a 15x7
Need some advice folks. I would like to put 15" wheels and tires on the fish, 225 x 60 x 15 on the rears and 195 x 60 x 15 on the front. My question is what back spacing on the wheels do i need?

toolmanmike i posted this in Jan. of this year and you responded to me, but i have one other question for you if do not mind. Is it 4" setback on the front and 4.5" on the back?

Don't wanna put words in Mike's mouth (gonna do it anyway) but I think he meant a range of 4" to 4.5" of backspace. (NOT offset, thats something entirely different)
I think you with find 4.5 bs on a 7" rim almost impossible to find, other than a custom build.
I would go to summits site, and plug in 5 on 4 bolt pattern, to see what is
available, and check backspaces.
Also, you can reach a specific member by using the "at" symbol, then member name, like this....@toolmanmike

I am
Don't wanna put words in Mike's mouth (gonna do it anyway) but I think he meant a range of 4" to 4.5" of backspace. (NOT offset, thats something entirely different)
I think you with find 4.5 bs on a 7" rim almost impossible to find, other than a custom build.
I would go to summits site, and plug in 5 on 4 bolt pattern, to see what is
available, and check backspaces.
Also, you can reach a specific member by using the "at" symbol, then member name, like this....@toolmanmike
Thanks for responding. I have a 5 on 4" bolt pattern now and i am replacing my rear end with a 8 3/4 with a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern W/disk brake conversion. I think you are correct about the range not front and back. i wanted to check to make sure.

You'll have a lot more choice in a 4 1/2 bolt circle wheel, but still stuck with limited choice for the front 5 on 4
I don't know if the disc's can be redrilled for bbp. There was a thread here, many years back, on using early mustang rotors to get bbp with the KH brakes.

You'll have a lot more choice in a 4 1/2 bolt circle wheel, but still stuck with limited choice for the front 5 on 4
I don't know if the disc's can be redrilled for bbp. There was a thread here, many years back, on using early mustang rotors to get bbp with the KH brakes.
I also have a disk brake conversion for the front and that will put to a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. i am looking at putting 15" wheels on it.

4-4.5 with a 15x7

toolmanmike i posted this in Jan. of this year and you responded to me, but i have one other question for you if do not mind. Is it 4" setback on the front and 4.5" on the back?

-
Back