Wheels Ever Fail?

-
I don't want to get into the "Looks" aspect of this thread but on a high horsepower/torque build, I like seeing a little more structure in the wheel.

Those wheels may be strong enough but I like actually "seeing" the strength.

agree.

if larger wheels will be used, (like a 5 spoke 17" diameter wheel) i like using production car wheels, example: off of a mustang. OEM wheels are designed for use withs hundreds of thousands of miles to be put on them, you can beat the crap out of oem style wheels, (from my experience)

Some of the keyboard warriors on here need to visit a Car Show once in awhile....LOL :D

This is kicka** IMO :glasses7:

Attachments

• Duster Wheels (Small).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 124
And to the original poster....

Yes, wheels fail, tires fail, cars fail, people fail. Go for IT, so you can say you've tried :thumleft:

Wheels can fail. Most of these I would say is for two reasons.
1. Old wheels. Old metal, brittle, rust , metal type(magnesium).
2. Race wheels being missed used. You dont street drive race wheels., You don't road race drag wheels.

When Centerline wheels came into production many people tried to road race them. The center section would wharp and you would have a bent wheel. Tis is not saying they didn't make a good product. Its saying people missed used the wheels.

Wheels do fail. IMO it happens because of faulty metalurgy, improper installation, and motor vehicle accidents.

I've seen a couple of rims break up due to potholes. Not sure if I would call those wheel failures or not. Both were 35 series tires on alloy wheels.

-
Back