Wheels to fit over Scarebird brake conversion?

-

la67DartGT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to do the front brakes on the Dart. It's a 67 GT, and is still small bolt pattern drums. For cost savings and ease of finding the parts, I was considering the Scarebird disc conversion.

Since this is a cost saving maneuver, I'd prefer not to have to buy new wheels to clear these discs, but I may not have a choice. I'll stick with SBP for now, and am currently using the old 14 inch Cragars. Does anyone know if these wheels will clear? If not, I have a pair of SBP slots, as well, but they are also 14 inch. Anyone know if either of these will clear, or will I have to buy a pair of the factory rallye's that Scarebird's site mentions?

Thanks all for the help!

- Don

EDIT: Sorry, this is in the wrong forum. Should be under brakes. My apologies. Anyone know how to move it?

i have scarebird brakes on my 67 dart but i have15 inch wheels ,i dont think you will have a problem with your 14 inch wheels either

not sure about the cragars. stock 14" wont fit. theres a few other sources for wheels though

I have been digging for the same info for the last week or so. I am ready to buy! I was tipped off of a guy on MOPARTS that is doing just what we want to do. He had to grind the ribs on the caliper. It sounds way worse than it is. He has pictures.
I also contacted Scare Bird and asked them. They simply said "nope", so needless to say that wasn't much help. However a second email to them made them squeak that in a few weeks they will have another kit out that they hope fits more wheel options.

Through the other guys work, and pictures from many different sources I think I have figured out the problem.

It seems that the caliper hangs out beyond the mounting surface of the rotor. In this case our small bolt pattern Cragars wont fit because the back is flat all the way out to the "rim".
On Rallye wheels, the center is recessed and then it bulges outward, missing the caliper with that kit.
Hope this helps and please let me know what you dig up and Ill keep you posted as well.:-D

-
Back