wheels

-

red cuda

Reaction score
Hello, Im trying to decide what wheels I want to go with on my 65 Barracuda. I have converted the front to disc brake spindles, with 4.5" bolt circle.The rear is still 4" for now, until I can find a bigger rearend. Im hoping I can use an adapter of some kind.........I am truly considering 15x7 for front and back. So, I am wanting to know what wheel and tire combinations will work without rubbing, or interference. Thanks.

You can run 245's on the back no problem. If you move the springs in you can 275's.
I think you might have a problem with 15 x 7 with 4.5 bs on the front The upper ball joint will be very close to the rim. I'd try it first before mounting a tire on the rim. 16 inch wheels clear the ball joint with the same bs.

a 225 70 15 is a real tall tire, on the 65 Cuda the rear tire is not centered in the wheel well, so the tire will be close to the forward part of the wheel well.

This may or may not help, but I have SBP on my 66, and used a 4"BS 15x7 wheels on all four corners. They fit great with only a little rubbing on the rear thanks to worn leafs, technically not the wheels fault. I went with 225/60's

I am a bit old school. A car from the 60's should have wheels from about that time. My choice was, is, and will always be American Racing 5 spoke mags. Truly classic and will never go out of style.
Just my 2 cents.

I got 14 inch mopar Rally wheels on my 65 Formula S Barracuda with 205-70/14inch radials on mine. It rides and runs quite nice. The back wheels are a slight bit wider than the front two, but with radial tires they fit both no issues. I also have a 8.25 rear upgrade in my Barracuda with a front disc brake upgrade also. It looks good and rides very nice.

65Cudalover

I have 15 x 7 cop car wheels on mine. No fitment problems with 215-60R15 tires front and rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0532 (Large).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 148
I am a bit old school. A car from the 60's should have wheels from about that time. My choice was, is, and will always be American Racing 5 spoke mags. Truly classic and will never go out of style.
Just my 2 cents.

Although I love the classic look you speak of, I would go back to poverty caps long before I would deal with a mag wheel. Hard to clean, porous, and little to no shine remind me why modern wheels are so much better than the old stuff.

I do really like the look of the steelies with hub covers and trim rings, and the rally wheels of course.

-
Back