When I break it, I break it!!

-

frederick_76

Reaction score
Pulled the old motor out today and started to tear it down when I found this....
100_1040.jpg

100_1039.jpg

Lost the exhaust valve on cylinder 2.(most of it came out the tail pipe).

Get yourself some stop leak. It should be fine ;)

Wow looks like it cracked the cylinder. I think you have new boat anchor.:eek:ops:

Time to sleeve the block. Or find a new replacement.

If that rod has compressed valve to head, it's NFG.

The block is probably sleevable. Those are just gouges, not cracks. The head is likely trashed.

Ya done good son,...Ya done gone an broke it real good,...

"Check It or wreck It" is a popular sayin in these parts....

Pulled the old motor out today and started to tear it down when I found this....
100_1040.jpg

100_1039.jpg

Lost the exhaust valve on cylinder 2.(most of it came out the tail pipe).

One of the marks of breaking something good, it stays broke. Ya done good, boy.

You might be able to get it sleeved, but why?

If you are gonna do something do it right or don't do it at all......

I have seen blocks with holes in the cylinder as big as your fist and they sleeve them and most hold. Only way I would spend the money is if it was numbers matching block. I am sure that rod is bent might save the other 7.

Watched a guy window a 351 Cleveland ,on a Saturday night.Ordered a sleeve Monday. Personally watched him in 1 day: Bore the bad hole ,left a register on the bottom. Heat the block,to expand it,cool the sleeve(IIRC). Install the sleeve,take cast iron scrap,Ny- rod it in.Bore hone,New piston. So much pleasure,to watch him wrench.

Watched a guy window a 351 Cleveland ,on a Saturday night.Ordered a sleeve Monday. Personally watched him in 1 day: Bore the bad hole ,left a register on the bottom. Heat the block,to expand it,cool the sleeve(IIRC). Install the sleeve,take cast iron scrap,Ny- rod it in.Bore hone,New piston. So much pleasure,to watch him wrench.
i bet it's a pleasure to have the machines that enable you to do that little trick....:dontknow:

-
Back