When the"do it" switch,hits for race day.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
EI watched a 1/2 ton longbed,go from rolling engineless bucket,to trophy winner,96 hours. Sand drags,Pismo Beach. Had all parts preordered,on the shelf. 360 yanked,re-ring,bearing,and oil pump. Slammed a healthy hydraulic cam,Rhoades lifters.pocket ported the J 1.88 castings.Slammed it in at 3:00 a.m(gotta love those early A.M.cam break -ins!) Sweet stuff. Then ,came the tuning,on the street(with only collector extensions!) . He tuned it,Won his class,and the trophy. Never seen anyone,that focused ,since.What's your story?......

built a 383 stroker for friend,had brodix trach 1s small solid ,flattops.trantula intake 4779 carb.fired it tuesday afternoon,next day drove sixty miles to sonoma.clicked off 13.44@105 four runs in a row.87 octane gas.car was laden with massive sterio system...good for the heavy boat of a 78 z/28 w/3.42s:tard:

I scheduled a street race for cash years ago. 3 days prior to it then when changing cams in my 383 found bad cam bearings. Nobody could get them in time, so in the course of 29 hours I pulled a 440 short that was machined but needed assembly out and assembled it, took apart the stock 383 heads, ported them and upgrade the springs, put it in the car and broke in the cam and drove the car home from my shop. I went from a 383 4bbl with a mild MP cam to a 10:1 440 + 6 with a big Crane hyraulic and ported heads in that time frame. I won the race. ah- youth.

After spending most nights in the garage afterwork everyday for a few months,I converted my 66 Dart from a S6 13 inch tire car into a race car.Got the 904 worked and the 360 stroked to a 410c.i I bought some NIB Eddy heads off of FABO cheap also.My first outing to the track in the car,I banged off a [email protected]ss to say,my Chebbie race buddies were very impressed after saying to me"What ya plan on running with that?"LOL

-
Back