When u have no time to fix

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
These are at a buddies place. Most had no rust about 5 years ago. He has about 40 or so A bodies. Some are pretty decent. Kim

IMG_2077.jpeg

IMG_2076.jpeg

IMG_2080.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_2085.jpeg

Last edited:
Well they are his cars, and he can do what he wants with them, but this is very sad.

You can tell him you know at least one with a chainsaw that will come help with the clearing and harvest!

I only have weekends now, but that would be a fun few days.

someone that doesn’t need the cash.

Does he have a soft side that would realize the impact on young ones that would love an old car to work on?

Give those things away for 80s prices to young folk.

Not that crazy of a concept is it?

Does he have a soft side that would realize the impact on young ones that would love an old car to work on?

Give those things away for 80s prices to young folk.

Not that crazy of a concept is it?
He is very frugal. I can’t see that happening. I’m trying to convince to sell them off. He can rattle off what he paid for this or that.

Theirs a guy on YT that films estate/Farm auctions, Mr. Goodpliers , some of those old farms date back to the 40`s. When a car or truck was done they would pull em out back and never junk anything, then finally Great grandkids auction everything off. some were actually buildable:realcrazy:
Him and his buddy buy what they think they can flip or sell parts off.
Basically starting new old car junkyards, saving them from the scrapper, and the scrapper gets the rest

Gotta disagree George, if he "loved" cars, why treat them like that?
He has lots of $$, then why not pour a pad?? Instead he drives them off to nowhere to let them rot lol. That ain't for the love of cars, its like mopar head said.
I'll stick with mental health issues.
Eh, with some people it`s just, It`s mine and nobody else`s . Bragging rights although most is useless junk or parts cars.

Or he saw a good deal. Loves cars. Has the money.

Bought it.

Many have move more money than time.

He is very frugal. I can’t see that happening. I’m trying to convince to sell them off. He can rattle off what he paid for this or that.
i know a guy like that with motorcycles (and scooters). has or had one of everything and knows off the top of his head what he paid for it, when he bought it and what the current market is.

only problem is stuff that sits, while it does appreciate, it also deteriorates. attempting to explain that to him was an exercise in futility.

case in point: he had a bike that i was interested in. current market for them was something in the 10~12K range (very good survivor v restored), so we'd been talking about it awhile and i knew the condition-- it'd been sitting since the late 70's. i offered him 3500 cash and his retort was that it was worth at least 9 because [reasons] to which i said: it needs everything, it doesn't have spark, and there's no title.

obviously, we didn't work out a deal. about two weeks later i picked up a tatty runner the same year, same model, same color with a *perfect* tank, new tires & tubes, and fresh tags and clean title for 5500

his bike? still sitting there, rotting.

My grandpa had a neighbor like this, but his sickness was E-body cuda's.
He passed and they are all gone now, his widow sold them all, except a 340 formula S, and a 68 convertible.
Nobody wanted them for some reason, so she gave them away.
This past Carlisle, the 340 formula S was there with a 10,500 price tag, not bad for a free car, that looked the same sitting in the widows driveway.

The longer it sits and rots, the less it's worth. Moss growing on a car means nothing will be left but holes.

If he's frugal, his money is decaying away. You'd think that would be the fire lit under him to do something with them or cash them in.

His property. If he wants to use them as iron fertilizer, I guess it his choice todo so. Doesn't look like the vegetation around needs more iron.

Well, I must be sick right there with him. Shop's full, one in the wife's garage, two parts cars outside, and a '40 something over in the "carral". All ongoing projects, except the one I never mentioned which is owned by another member here with 20 or so cars that he saved from the crusher.

I still like the first post and pics. I would like to see more A-bodys though instead of engine donors!
I still say, his cars, his land, his money.
And I still stand by my offer to go assist should he decide to let them out of their cages. I would love to help out there. :)

I’ll try remember some A bodies. 67/8/9 barracuda’s. 68 dart GTS 383 car. 3 71 demons. A few scamps. 73 up darts. A couple of 70/1 dusters. Inside storage: 68 charger. Some parts cars. Plus some chevies. 67 chevelle ss 396. El camino’s. 64-72 Chevy trucks, some big block trucks. BOP cars. 455 4 gears. Plus some I can’t think of. Kim

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2066.jpeg

-
Back