When you order parts you honestly don’t need

-
For the past few years I have been buying wear items like date coded spark plug wires, hoses, breathers, electronic parts etc. so when they are no longer available I will have a little stock to keep me going.
I bought doubles of my USA made Ecu, and extra coils, and ballasts... just to make sure

Are you saying my RPM Airgap (SB) and Torker (for a 440) and one other intake I can't recall sitting in my basement are things I didn't need? One never knows!!!

Oh, and I bought a spare Ehrenberg ignition ECU because we all know if you don't have a spare, you will be desperate for one at some point. Hopefully, the converse of that is also true that if you have a spare, you'll never need it!

I carry all the necessary tools ti fix the amp. gauge/wire deal, just in case it wants to fry me one day....but in 40 years of Mopars I have never had that happen. Melt the big wire at the firewall and a fusable link...yes!!!!!:poke::rofl::rofl:

I carry all the necessary tools ti fix the amp. gauge/wire deal, just in case it wants to fry me one day....but in 40 years of Mopars I have never had that happen. Melt the big wire at the firewall and a fusable link...yes!!!!!:poke::rofl::rofl:
I've melted that fusible link too!!

I finished the resto of my 68 GTS in 2015. I still have parts that I ordered on top of what went on the car. Mostly seals and small parts. Example, I have two bags of stainless screws I ordered from Mr Gs. Can’t figure out why I did that.

What's with us ? We act like we are old or something.Except barbee..:poke:He IS old.:lol: Remember only the good die young.
That might me I'm gonna live forever !!
As Charlie Brown says, " God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things, and at the rate I'm going, I will live forever". Though I don't know how much longer I have till forever. 80 years young

I've melted that fusible link too!!
I've melted a couple, this most recent d150 came to me pre melted by PO.
I redid the whole harness and deleted all of them, I incorporated an under hood fuse box from a (different brand) of truck out of the junkyard, and ran each circuit that originally went thru a fusible link, thru the fuse box instead..said fuse box uses the big "MAXI" fuses.

How about when you order parts for future upgrades, you never get around to installing them, and then you sell the car and have all these shiny new parts in a tote?

How about when you order parts for future upgrades, you never get around to installing them, and then you sell the car and have all these shiny new parts in a tote?
ALL THE TIME !!

If you have more than one project, try to keep all the EXTRA parts in that car!!! Keeps things straight. If you sell it, the new guy gets the bounty!!

For 2 years now I've been eye ballin' A/C to put in my 63 Belvedere.
I ordered a Vintage Air kit about 2 weeks ago and is supposed to be in by the 15th.We will see.
Doubt if it will get installed this year so on the shelf it will go.Maybe next spring.
I started out building the car to drag race then changed my mind and now it will be a street driver.
Put a complete dual exhaust to the back bumper ( I had it in the loft for at least 12 years) off the headers.
Made a new dash cluster,speedo, volts, oil, temp and the lights for turn signals,oil light, high beam.
All the parts were on the shelf for many a year. Glad I bought them when I did .

That's another issue. Leaving all of our crap to someone who doesn't have the passion and sees it as a burden.
Kitty and I have decided to leave everything we own to our church. Nobody in the family is even interested or even cares.

Well part two came today. My new 5/8 adjustable hone that hopefully will make tubing a small block Mopar an easier job.
93419963-99AF-4913-8161-94E4C2C8B990.jpeg

ordered 5 alcohol tolerant Holley accelerator pump diaphragms.
I'm tired of the rubber diaphragms drying out and turning as hard as a rock.
They don't produce a pump shot when their hard. lol

If you have more than one project, try to keep all the EXTRA parts in that car!!! Keeps things straight. If you sell it, the new guy gets the bounty!!
When I sold my 66 satellite to a guy in Texas that came all the way down here to Tampa to pick it up he went through every out building I've had to find all the chrome/ stainless trim for that car, tell you what, for what he paid me and what he told me he paid for some of the brightwork for his other 66, I think he got a deal ! That car helps him put his 67 GTX he drug out of a mud hole together and financed my Duster... so it's all good! He just didn't want to carry the other half of b-body I had he was supposed to take with him strapped across the back of his Ram he said something about the highway patrol... I'd have done it...screw em!

When my son was 15 (now 34) I won a very clean 1972 Duster roller on eBay (original 340 four speed car). This thing needed paint but the body was in primer and spotless. It was located in eastern Pa so Matt and I loaded up the trailer and headed off in Hurricane bands of rain. When I got five miles from home our local bridge was closed and we had to take a 30 mile detour so our 560 mile ride became 620 miles. After we loaded up the car this guy kept putting more stuff in my car trailer, lots of stuff. The creek was coming over the road or this guy I swear would have cleaned house, or as much as I could haul. That was the best 2800.00 I’ve ever spent.

When my son was 15 (now 34) I won a very clean 1972 Duster roller on eBay (original 340 four speed car). This thing needed paint but the body was in primer and spotless. It was located in eastern Pa so Matt and I loaded up the trailer and headed off in Hurricane bands of rain. When I got five miles from home our local bridge was closed and we had to take a 30 mile detour so our 560 mile ride became 620 miles. After we loaded up the car this guy kept putting more stuff in my car trailer, lots of stuff. The creek was coming over the road or this guy I swear would have cleaned house, or as much as I could haul. That was the best 2800.00 I’ve ever spent.
Now, That's A Mopar Story! Was it his, or a family members, new Ol Lady Exs car? What was the deal with that? Wow!

Now, That's A Mopar Story! Was it his, or a family members, new Ol Lady Exs car? What was the deal with that? Wow!

It was his but remember this was at least 19-20 years ago. His garage had a barn style roof and it was like walking through a candy store. Row after row of stuff
And a brand new sharks tooth grill that was included in the sale. My son ended up with the duster he has now and I needed money so I sold that car to a State Policeman in Ohio. He secretly bought the car for a retirement project and ended up getting divorced over it. I should have bought it back. I still have a few Mopar old stock boxes with a stripe kit, fender turn signals, and a few other goodies. I made some money on it.

It was his but remember this was at least 19-20 years ago. His garage had a barn style roof and it was like walking through a candy store. Row after row of stuff
And a brand new sharks tooth grill that was included in the sale. My son ended up with the duster he has now and I needed money so I sold that car to a State Policeman in Ohio. He secretly bought the car for a retirement project and ended up getting divorced over it. I should have bought it back. I still have a few Mopar old stock boxes with a stripe kit, fender turn signals, and a few other goodies. I made some money on it.
Man. That's a great lil story, Thank You for Sharing that! My buddy down here it's mainly in anybody got picked up a load of parts he had a mint sharks tooth Grill told me to take it home and see if it fit on my $73 duster and if it did, just toss him a hundred bucks. This was in late 05, early 06.. obviously we know it wouldn't fit but my dumbass took it back to him I should have stuck that thing in my closet and gladly gave him the hundred bucks! I've lost more Sweet Mopar parts and cars that have came to me through the Grace, than I've been able to keep..... sucks..

Man. That's a great lil story, Thank You for Sharing that! My buddy down here it's mainly in anybody got picked up a load of parts he had a mint sharks tooth Grill told me to take it home and see if it fit on my $73 duster and if it did, just toss him a hundred bucks. This was in late 05, early 06.. obviously we know it wouldn't fit but my dumbass took it back to him I should have stuck that thing in my closet and gladly gave him the hundred bucks! I've lost more Sweet Mopar parts and cars that have came to me through the Grace, than I've been able to keep..... sucks..

I’m down to one sharks tooth grill that needs work that I keep saying I will do. I saved a like on how to repair them. I have everything needed to put it on my black 1970
Duster

I’m down to one sharks tooth grill that needs work that I keep saying I will do. I saved a like on how to repair them. I have everything needed to put it on my black 1970
Duster
The Black Car, pulling the Stand? That's radical! I actually showed some of my Mopar, and a Ford Brother, the Pic of the 3 wheel Stand blue one you sold.. Now that, WAS BRUTAL! LOVED IT!
Right On Man! You build some Mean Mopars!

Last edited:
-
Back