When you order parts you honestly don’t need

-
The Black Car, pulling the Stand? That's radical! I actually showed some of my Mopar, and a Ford Brother, the Pic of the 3 wheel Stand blue one you sold.. Now that, WAS BRUTAL! LOVED IT!
Right On Man! You build some Mean Mopars!

Ohhh I didn’t sell the blue one yet. I did sell the green one. There’s still hope that I may get the blue one out.

Kitty and I have decided to leave everything we own to our church. Nobody in the family is even interested or even cares.
Agreed.
I have 2 brothers,both car nuts and hoarders. 6 years ago one brother passed and it took me a month to help my Sister-in-Law clean out his stuff.
My other brother lives in Virginia and has 4 garages full of stuff. I told him if he dies before me,I'm not going to clean out his place.Leave it to your Church !!!!

No one in my family is interested in cars. I told a fellow mopar friend, when I die, anything automotive, I have left (parts, tools, equipment, etc) is his, with these conditions.
1)Try to sell what he can (in his discrection of a reasonable time frame) and give the money to my wife, if she is still living.
2) what is left, he keeps or gives away to any one that can use them.
3) We have a friend that has a Mopar only salvage yard, and he gets the rest.
4) Nothing is to be scrapped

What I hate the absolute most is when you absolutely KNOW that you have several of something that you need "right now" and just can't find. Most recent 2 cases in point over the last 2 nights in the garage
Hose clamps. I have a couple of boxes in each size. Couldn't find a #4 or a #12 last night.

The night before I was putting the distributor in my freshly rebuilt/6 and was looking for the 3 sets of O-rings that I bought from the Halifax guy a month or 2 ago. I remember thinking put them where I wouldn't lose them, where is find them easier.
After tearing the inside of my cab apart where I have all my spares stashed for that project plus a few, twice and they were nowhere to be had/
Came in and hunted online for a PN so I could find some more hopefully local to me.... Fel pro, Victor reinz, neither even had a listing for these I rings, almost like they never existed.
I wound up taking the one square cut one off my rebuilt distributor to put onto the NOS one that I have.
Well last night while searching for hose clamps what did I find? The plastic baggie of slant 6 distributor O-rings hanging on a nail by the door....

What I hate the absolute most is when you absolutely KNOW that you have several of something that you need "right now" and just can't find. Most recent 2 cases in point over the last 2 nights in the garage
Hose clamps. I have a couple of boxes in each size. Couldn't find a #4 or a #12 last night.

The night before I was putting the distributor in my freshly rebuilt/6 and was looking for the 3 sets of O-rings that I bought from the Halifax guy a month or 2 ago. I remember thinking put them where I wouldn't lose them, where is find them easier.
After tearing the inside of my cab apart where I have all my spares stashed for that project plus a few, twice and they were nowhere to be had/
Came in and hunted online for a PN so I could find some more hopefully local to me.... Fel pro, Victor reinz, neither even had a listing for these I rings, almost like they never existed.
I wound up taking the one square cut one off my rebuilt distributor to put onto the NOS one that I have.
Well last night while searching for hose clamps what did I find? The plastic baggie of slant 6 distributor O-rings hanging on a nail by the door....

Put them in a different safe place now. Lol.

Trust me, I know....its called getting old (er_!!!!

They are hard to find the square cut. Took me a while to find a source then only in huge quantities so yes I have plenty of them.

Yeah I got some of them from ya then forgot where I'd put them when I needed one. Since found again, til next time I need them then they'll do the Houdini thing again, around here.

Bought these for wall hangers back in March :)

ECFAC2EE-9B48-406D-9777-78EDFE3FC510.jpeg

-
Back