where are you from?

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
Now i don,t want to piss anybody off , cause my spelling sucks, but way don,t other members have there location on there avitar? hope i don,t catch much shi##. als

the only time it bothers me is when they are selling something for pick up only and don't give a location with out being asked. that or + shipping from postal code ----- now I have to look up and find out that your in Iowa and not going to be able to ship a rear end too me.:angry7:

There is a simlar thread somewhere here like this. I'm with Avarage on this. Even a state would be fine.

well some of the running Q. have to be seen sometimes to fig. out or if there someone close that can lend a hand. just my 02. als

Personally, I think it should be a required field when filling out the registration info. Without a city and/or ZIP Code, you won't get in the door.

Rumblefish360 and I were talking about this very thing on the phone a couple days ago. A map of all FABO members' locations would be a handy thing and let you easily find members who are close by. I'll dig around and see what I can find ... the Barracuda Owners Group had a Frapper.com map that was really cool.

Just my two cents.

Personally, I think it should be a required field when filling out the registration info. Without a city and/or ZIP Code, you won't get in the door.

Rumblefish360 and I were talking about this very thing on the phone a couple days ago. A map of all FABO members' locations would be a handy thing and let you easily find members who are close by. I'll dig around and see what I can find ... the Barracuda Owners Group had a Frapper.com map that was really cool.

Just my two cents.
That could be a bad thing at the same time. What if some jerk comes on here looks up some one that is close to him and starts scoping out there house. I'd have to where it was only visible to Gold members which I'm not a part of, YET. I guess it would be OK for a city location instead of a home location.

map won't let me add my location for some reason

Hmmmm, that's strange Inkie. When I click on the link, the first thing that shows on the map is "Join this map ..."

You can click on the + or - to zoom in or out, so even our Canadian / International members can be shown too. Though I put myself down as Leanna ~ The CudaChick, it would probably be a better idea to use our FABO ID / user names for easier reference.

Thanks for adding yourself Kevin! I'm jumpin in the Cuda to go scope out your house now. LMAO

Hmmmm, that's strange Inkie. When I click on the link, the first thing that shows on the map is "Join this map ..."

You can click on the + or - to zoom in or out, so even our Canadian / International members can be shown too. Though I put myself down as Leanna ~ The CudaChick, it would probably be a better idea to use our FABO ID / user names for easier reference.

Thanks for adding yourself Kevin! I'm jumpin in the Cuda to go scope out your house now. LMAO
Come on! My door is always open to you.

That could be a bad thing at the same time. What if some jerk comes on here looks up some one that is close to him and starts scoping out there house. I'd have to where it was only visible to Gold members which I'm not a part of, YET. I guess it would be OK for a city location instead of a home location.[/QUOTE

Let's just say a member here had an idiot list his adress for all to see with the help of a "friend" in the police department and did some illegal snooping just to prove a point that an adress could be found by someone's tag # on a pic of their car and got his *** in a sling over it too.

If you want someone's location for parts or something, there is nothing wrong with sending them a PM because there are alot of stalkers on the web, and even friendly sites like this have their share of nutwads.

I guess it's not big deal until someone oversteps their boundaries.

There is also the issue of listing someones address that ripped you off for all to see.
Now that could start a whole bunch of trouble for everyone, including the webmaster.
All is takes is one idiot with a few loose marbles, and everyone gets a visit from the authorities.

That could be a bad thing at the same time. What if some jerk comes on here looks up some one that is close to him and starts scoping out there house. I'd have to where it was only visible to Gold members which I'm not a part of, YET. I guess it would be OK for a city location instead of a home location.[/QUOTE

Let's just say a member here had an idiot list his adress for all to see with the help of a "friend" in the police department and did some illegal snooping just to prove a point that an adress could be found by someone's tag # on a pic of their car and got his *** in a sling over it too.
I remember that.

-
Back