Where can I find a C-4044 Bearing Puller ?

-

cpceg

MOPAR-SON-IN-LAQ
Reaction score
I need to press out the upper steering shaft bearing and cannot find a the tool (Chrysler Part # C-4044).

Does anyone have any idea where to get one or what I can use instead ?

I am desperate. Thank you !

I need to press out the upper steering shaft bearing and cannot find a the tool (Chrysler Part # C-4044).

Does anyone have any idea where to get one or what I can use instead ?

I am desperate. Thank you !

Can you get some pictures of exactly what you are doing. It would help us back woods mechanics. LOL!

I need/am looking for the C-4044 Chrusler bearing puller.

take a look at these pictures where these are referenced

Once you get the wheel off and the horn ring, to pull the uppr column shroud off, th bearing needs to come out

Did That help ?

TM-9-2320-266-340233im.jpg

What year and make vehicle?

Also, did you get the snap ring off yet and is the column still in the car.

1970 Swinger, yes we have taken the snap ring off and the column is still in the car

These Chrysler tools are made by Miller Special Tools. This one is shown in the 1994-1995 book but not the 2001 book. Some of there tools that aren't shown are still available I think. Their phone number is 1-800-801-5420 and website is www.miller.spx.com. I've bought a few of their tools and they are top quality stuff! They have made all of the tools called for in the old Mopar service manuals, many of them are discontinued, I know. They have advertised in some of the Mopar magazines in the past. For instance their ball joint sockets are impact style with 3/4 inch drive-good stuff! Hope it helps.

-
Back