Where can I find MP Electronic Ign Conversion distributor

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
OK,I've been away from my slant sixes for a while now,but can't seem to locate the Slant Six Electronic Distributor anywhere !! Anyone have any suggestions ??

I just went to the local parts store and bough a reman one for a 74 Dart and cost me $55. I also go the ECU. I had a 74 Parts car that I took the wireing harness off as well.

73 and Up slant 6 cars & Trucks (later 80's truck had lean Burn you don NOT want one of those units)
Frank
Hello Frank :cheers: What is the deference between the lean Burn distributor and a regular electronic distributor ? and how can you tell the difference by looking at it sir ? well needed info :read2:

Hello Frank :cheers: What is the deference between the lean Burn distributor and a regular electronic distributor ? and how can you tell the difference by looking at it sir ? well needed info :read2:

Lean burn distributors have no mechanical or vacuum advance since this was all handled by computer. They're easy to spot by their lack of provisions for a vacuum advance pod on the outside. The pick-up is the same, so you could, if you wanted, use one if you wanted a locked out distributor. (Which, for a carbureted street motor, you generally don't.)

Unsure about a slant distibutor but my 85 360 lean burn had 2 pick ups. A start pick up and a run pick up.

-
Back