Where did my 360 crate come from?

-

BrianL

Reaction score
New member here. Great forum!

I have a 71 Demon with a 360 crate. The car runs very strong and the four speed is a blast to drive. I don't have enough history on the car (yet) to tell where the crate was built. Does anyone know if there's a way I'd be able to figure it out by looking at it somehow? Thanks.

Welcome Brian. 360/4 spd A body is a great way to have some fun!

What are you defining as a "crate engine"?

I just got the car and I was told that the motor is a 360 crate. I'd like to at least find out some more history on the car and motor. Horsepower, compression ratio, etc. Thanks.

a5495313.png

Does not look like a Mopar Performance crate motor based on intake manifold. It would be really hard to say much about it unless it had a sticker or stamping some place on the block. Just about every motor shop has a crate style motor of some sort. I personally think of a crate motor being from the manufacture only, but that is not always the case.

Does not look like a Mopar Performance crate motor based on intake manifold. It would be really hard to say much about it inless it had a sticker or stamping some place on the block. Just about every motor shop has a crate style motor of some sort. Me personally think of a crate motor being from the manufacture only but that is not the case.

ya thats my opinion on crate motors too hate to say it but even AUTO ZONE has 360 crate motors sooo :angry7:

Definately does not look like a crate engine .... at least not the 380 horse or higher ...

could be a mp short block.. if so there would be numbers stamped on the block somewhere by the bellhousing.

-
Back