Where do i ve to put that lines on?

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys on my engine i put a bigs carburetor on it, now im wondering where i have to put the lines like from the pcv valve i puted on the back of the carb and the other line from the brake booster?
A small line from the fuel regulator i puted on the front of the carb my distributor dont have a vacuum

2q2mzih.jpg

14blqgk.jpg

Thx Peter

You can always drill and tap your carb spacer for the PCV valve fitting, but personally I'd run a mechanical advance dizzy. That way you don't rely on engine vacuum for your advance. Just my .02.

Bill S.

hey thx for the reply how do i have to drill my carb spacer? You have some pics maybe, and what is with the brake booster line then where i have to put it? On the back of the carb i put the pcv valve hose now, is that not correct?

thx Peter

hey thx for the reply how do i have to drill my carb spacer? You have some pics maybe, and what is with the brake booster line then where i have to put it? On the back of the carb i put the pcv valve hose now, is that not correct?

thx Peter

Yes -- that is correct for the PCV. For your brake booster, it is typically connected to a nipple directly tapped into the back of your intake.

In this pic you can see the baided hose connected to the back of my intake -- that's my booster hose when I had a booster. I now run manual disc brakes. :)

DSCF0649.jpg

Yes i know i had the same on my 318 before too but now i run a edelbrock super victor and that one dont have any holes on the back, so i wanna fix it in some easy way, maybe you guys knew how?

thx Peter

Yes i know i had the same on my 318 before too but now i run a edelbrock super victor and that one dont have any holes on the back, so i wanna fix it in some easy way, maybe you guys knew how?

thx Peter

Ahhhhhh...gotcha. I would say your best bet would be to drill and tap a port at the back of the intake, or tee your PCV line. Your brake booster and PCV both work off manifold vacuum, so tee'ing your PCV line should do the trick.

Enjoy that carb. Jesse built the 750 Holley on the Duster. Put it on, fired
right up. Just had to do a little adjusting on the idle and mix screws.
I'd recomend him to anyone. Does great work.

Probably the easiest way out of this is to run down to a real parts store and get a 3/8" vacuum tee. Tee off from the PCV hose to your brake booser

Hi can u show me an example i really dont knew sure what u mean, do u mean just a piece what is looking like a "T" and then i dont have to drill ahole in my intake?

thx Peter

Yes, go to a parts store, get a 3/8" vacuum tee, cut the pcv hose where the power booster hose will reach it, and put he "T" or "Y" and hook all three together

image.php

Vacuum_Tee.sized.jpg

Yes thx i thought like that and then i put all together to the back of the carb?? Or i still have to drill a hole in my intake?

thx Peter

-
Back