Where does this black wire go (3 pin drivers door jamb switch?)

-

Ken71Twister

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the 3 pin connector in my 1971 Duster. Seems to me that this black wire should go to ground - but it isn’t connected to ground or anything else that I can find. The wire disappears into a bundle of wires. Can anyone tell me where this black wire should lead? (I’ve searched thru numerous threads and have not found the answer).

IMG_1981.jpeg

Thanks but I’m trying to figure where the black wire goes in the other direction…. I found my driver’s side dome light switch to be bad and have ordered another one. It seemed to me that the black wire should go to ground - but it doesn’t. I’m wondering if it goes thru something else before going to ground. I have my instrument panel unplugged - so I don’t know it that might be the reason the black wire doesn’t go to ground. I’ve checked the black wire going into the back of the instrument panel and it isn’t connected to the black wire going to/from the dome light switch.

For the record….the dome light comes on when I connect the yellow wires (leading into the switch) to ground.

Goes to the ignition switch connector and ties into the connector for the switch in the column for the key in buzzer. So when the drivers door is opened and the key is in it provides a ground for the buzzer which is part of the horn relay.

IMG_2076.jpeg

Hopefully picture is clear enough to trace it.

Thanks … I’ll give this a closer look tomorrow. I‘m challenged by these wiring diagrams.

The diagrams can be a little confusing. Went back and forth between the rallye and the standard diagrams to figure it out. Plus the OP had a bunch of photos from his car.
We straightened some of it out here and in the posts that follow.

1688781388198.png

-
Back