where online to order front end parts?

-
I get the correct Moog number from RockAuto, then compare them to amazon. Often amazon can beat them when you figure in the shipping charges from RockAuto.

If you're going to buy a kit look at Suspension - Steering. I believe there is a 10% discount for FABO members. This is what I did last year. If you just want a few pieces do the Rockauto/Amazon comparison thing.

when i did your dart years ago i used rock auto to find part numbers. used moog and won't do that again. but i used the part numbers to shop around for best pricing. takes a bit more work then just onestop shop kits.

I bought new ball joints, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and inner and outer tie rod ends for my 2004 Dakota from MI Bearings. Easy to deal with and ship quickly. They have listings back to 1970. Hard to figure out how to get to it if you have never used their site. Look down and to the left and you will see a box with "Year" in it. Click that and go from there.

If you want to upgrade the strength and stability of your front end try Firm Feel in Vancouver WA. They have several parts to take the collective flex out of the sloppy stock components and are glad to discuss the best picks for your particular application.

when i did your dart years ago i used rock auto to find part numbers. used moog and won't do that again. but i used the part numbers to shop around for best pricing. takes a bit more work then just onestop shop kits.
Check out Moog quality......

IMG_E8074.JPG

I bought this piece of crap today and didn't open the box until I got home.

IMG_E8075.JPG

Lower control arm bushings are not supposed to be offset.

IMG_E8076.JPG

Thanks, India....

Remember some mfg's have a budget line and a premium line ie Mevotech. You might see this on Rockauto.

I bought some steering parts from Rockauto a few years back. It was AC Delco. Offshore made but very nice stuff. Looking through Rockauto's available brands, I wouldn't be afraid to try TRW Delphi, Dorman, or AC Delco. I haven't heard of Mecvotech but it could be good quality as well.
I see USA stamped into the bottom of this Delco tie rod end.

1724331398068.png

I just bought 4 new MOOG ball joints for my 12 truck from rock auto. MADE IN USA so they're going on the truck
I've seen different but I can only ever remember buying 2 parts from Moog that were China. And I still do a lot of front end work. Those were the inner tie rod ends that are on my 96 Dakota.
Were stuck with whatever Napa supplies at work and some of what comes from there is awful sketchy.
I also wouldn't touch dorman with a 10' pole nor any of the $4 never heard of brands of parts from rock auto, most listed in their "economy" bracket in their listings

Bob-I would have thought you would have known about Rock Auto by now, all the years you've been messing with cars. :lol:

I get the correct Moog number from RockAuto, then compare them to amazon. Often amazon can beat them when you figure in the shipping charges from RockAuto.
Just went through this with a gasket for our 2011 Ford. was 50 on parts geek 22 on Amazon...couldn't find it any where not Rock not ford dealer etc.

and to stay on topic Performance suspension technology

i dealt with them years ago are they still around?

I get the Moog part numbers like Joe does in post #5. Rock Auto or wherever I can find them. It's not hard because half of the aftermarket companies use the Moog numbers. There's a site called yoyopart that carries a lot of cross referenced part numbers.
Then I go to Ebay and buy US or Canada made old stock parts from the 1970s-90s. Moog, TRW, McQuay-Norris and others are well made stuff. If you need the parts in a hurry, you might not find what you need right away. But if you can plan ahead for a job, they show up sooner or later.

Just went through this with a gasket for our 2011 Ford. was 50 on parts geek 22 on Amazon...couldn't find it any where not Rock not ford dealer etc.

and to stay on topic Performance suspension technology

i dealt with them years ago are they still around?
I believe they are. I used P-S-T for parts for a B-body years ago. No issues.

I ended up using proforged for all my front end parts when I went though the front end in 2020. I upgraded to 11/16 adjusters and tie rods at the same time. Holley owns them now, might have back then too.

I ended up buying through amazon because of shipping costs (you have to pay for returns to rock auto), but rock auto also stocked them at the time. Super happy with the quality, much better than the moog labled junk I was finding at the parts store.

I've used Mancini Racing for a couple or three Moog kits. 2 A Body and one E body. Not bad . Rock Auto can work sometimes. I bought E body bushings from Energy Suspensions ok I think. Amazon can work sometimes, you need your info and part numbers. I have bought one pair of cam bolts from Pro Forged which looked pretty good. I have heard good things about Pro Forged and will try some more parts from them.

-
Back