Where to buy speedometer cable/Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator

-

Andre68

Reaction score
Looking for a speedometer cable for my 68 dart with a 71 A883.

I bought one at oreillys but it didn't fit, the tranny input part was to small on the cable. I still have the original one but it's broken, it has the bigger end at the end of it.

Anybody know where I can buy one for a good price? I found some NOS speedo cables on eBay for around $75, and in all honesty I don't want to pay $75 for a speedo cable if I can get one cheaper. It's just a daily driver

Also I need to buy a instrument cluster voltage regulator, I've been finding some for $50 or more but again, I don't want to spend that much if I don't have too...

Thanks

If the cable looks like the one below, I have one Im not using any longer. PM me and we can work something out.

View attachment cable.jpg

As for the gauge VR, I have 2 spare clusters that I could try to remove them from. 1 I know is good, since it was used in my car until I went to aftermarket gauges.

Well, SPEND that much and buy yourself a solid state one. Haven't you read on here how really bad Chineseo parts are getting? So you want to risk blowing up 50 year old hard to find instruments by installing a mechanical regulator made by Wells / Chineseo?

Buy yourself an RTE or similar and forget about it.

I got one out of a 74 dart.the voltage reg ten bucks

Radioshack for the solid state voltage regulator, and rockauto for the speedo cable.

Careful with Rock Auto, dad N I ordered one for his 67 cuda. WRONG!! Oh they will refund the $15 price, if we return the cable, which was more to ship....RA customer service sucks. Go direct to Auto Trans products....
http://www.atp-inc.com/

Like stated, if its like the cable I pictured I will sell it for $18 shipped. Cable works great! I'll throw in one of my VR's off one of the clusters.

here is what mine looks like, I believe the ends might be different

Attachments

• whos the.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 90
RTE unit is fool proof if you dont want to build your own. The VR was outdated when it was new on your 60s Mopar. The technology was from the 30s. Chrysler was a little behind, but the Hemi evened things out.

i know a speedo shop and all they do is repairs. i can find the name if you want, and you can call them and tell them what you have and they can make one with whatever ends you need. there in hayward ca.

The rockauto cable it way to long. I ordered it and there was so much extra length I think it was 81". Stock cables are about 61" if I remember correctly.

So? Wrap it with a ziptie, or let the excess loop. I've got the long one for when I go OD, it's just fine. When it comes to my ride, she'd rather too long than too short. :D

-
Back