Where to find cylinder head locating dowels?

-

Mean416

Reaction score
Title says it all. I need some of these for my 360 build but have no idea where to find them or what part number they are. Hoping you gurus can help me.

McMaster-Carr. I'll see if I can measure some of mine later today.
Man I've looked all over mcmaster for hollow dowel pins. Have never had any luck finding them. Its always the game of knoweing what McMaster calls your widget of choice :D

Here's what they say a about McMaster. You can get everything you could ever think of. Want a bottle off water? They'll ship you 10 empty bottles, 100 caps, 50 labels, and a bag full of water. :D

Man I've looked all over mcmaster for hollow dowel pins. Have never had any luck finding them. Its always the game of knoweing what McMaster calls your widget of choice :D

Here's what they say a about McMaster. You can get everything you could ever think of. Want a bottle off water? They'll ship you 10 empty bottles, 100 caps, 50 labels, and a bag full of water. :D

The dowel pins are solid, not hollow. I forgot the exact diameter but you can measure the hole and get it.

The dowel pins are solid, not hollow. I forgot the exact diameter but you can measure the hole and get it.
Really? For some reason I was thinking that they were the kind that the head bolt goes through.

Ford guy alert - Ford guy alert?
Haha busted. I've done a few different things over the course of my days. However these days I have much more Mopar junk than anything else. I also have a Jeep project, a full-sized Grand wagoneer with an AMC 360.

Dura-Bond, part# AD-927-P. This is what they offer, it's actually a SBC dowel, size= .3125 x .565 x solid dowel. in reallity the SBM ones are only .505 long but being that you can hammer them in, length wouldnt' matter.

They have .312 x .500 dowels in 6 or 7 materials, including tapped dowels to make it easy to pull them out next time.

Definitely. Now that I've been reminded I'm not building a Ford, I can find some dowels :)

Title says it all. I need some of these for my 360 build but have no idea where to find them or what part number they are. Hoping you gurus can help me.
Easy ( EBAY ) nice hardware kit used several zero issues !

Screenshot_20220831-225146.png

Go to your local machinist and ask for some. They usually have boxes of em.

The block hardware package that Mancini sells has them, or did the last one I bought several years ago.

-
Back