where to order axles

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
How and where can I order axles? I have a Dana Im converting and will need shorter axles. Im going shorter then Stock A body to about 50 5/8 over all width... Cass (Dr. Diff) is about $385 but I want to do some shopping around.. Because his $300 deal on axles dont go that short. I need axles that are 25" and 23.625"

I thought Cass was about 300+ shipping with greens and long studs.

New high-strength 30 spline 8 3/4 axle package. Most lengths. Includes green wheel bearings and standard length lug studs installed. $300 pair. Choice of standard length, or 3" lug studs.

That's from his ad on moparts... The axles have plenty of spline to shorten 1" from stock A body.

I thought Cass was about 300+ shipping with greens and long studs.

That's from his ad on moparts... The axles have plenty of spline to shorten 1" from stock A body.

He does have that yes... But his deal is off the shelf only. The shortest off the shelf he has is 24" based on your sheet I need 23 5/8... I asked about cutting off 3/8 of spline he said that would only leave me with 1" of spline left. So then I thought well if he has a 24" I could use that with a driver side 25 3/8ths since I have a little room to play with and it wont effect much... Just waiting to hear if he has a axle 25 3/8ths.. But I want to know what else is out there...

Going longer is only about 3/16ths per side right or does the whole 3/8ths get tacked on to one side?

DO NOT BUY YUKON cut to fit axles... or any other of their press in stud axles...

they still use a hole diameter (like .650) or something that used to be the MP 3" long axles stud size but MP doesn't make them anymore, or anyone else...

He does have that yes... But his deal is off the shelf only. The shortest off the shelf he has is 24" based on your sheet I need 23 5/8... I asked about cutting off 3/8 of spline he said that would only leave me with 1" of spline left. So then I thought well if he has a 24" I could use that with a driver side 25 3/8ths since I have a little room to play with and it wont effect much... Just waiting to hear if he has a axle 25 3/8ths.. But I want to know what else is out there...

Going longer is only about 3/16ths per side right or does the whole 3/8ths get tacked on to one side?

Can you run a rear that is 51.50 wide. That would make the short axle right about 24". Roughly 1/2" wider on each side. Save some money getting a shelf deal and maintaining the std pinion offset.

Can you run a rear that is 51.50 wide. That would make the short axle right about 24". Roughly 1/2" wider on each side. Save some money getting a shelf deal and maintaining the std pinion offset.

My thoughts exactly this is what he sent me Rob...

If you want to run a stock Mopar pinion offset, I would go with a 24" axle on the passenger side and a 25 3/8" axle on the driver side.

This will yield a 51" assembly width (axle flange to axle flange) and a 46" housing (end to end).

Make the driver's side tube 1 3/8" longer than the passenger's side.

Please call for more information.

Thanks,

Cass

-
Back