Where to Put Hood Pins????

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Where are you guys puttin the hood pins that have 73-76 Darts?
Got a set and dont wanna drill hood and have them look bad in that spot
Pics of hood and pic of mounting spot of the posts under the hood
Thanks Emilio

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 243
Look closely, and I think you'll find there's only one place they can go.

Look at the reinforcement rib on the hood, and find the center.

Now line that up with the pad by the hood bumper ... right there.
(there may even already be a hole)

I can't believe how many people get it totally wrong...

I like your car better with the silver grille.

Have you seen the "semi" blackout treatment?

I've seen several Dart Sports that way. Very cool look.

its better to use the front fender bolt that is on the core support so that the bumper is still useable...

this is off a 68 but you get the idea... i have the cowl pins if you would also like those pics.

Attachments

• 100_4879.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 212
Had hood pins and got rid of them when I recently re-did the body. Found them to be a real PIA and put little scratches in the hood......just my .02$

<--- not a fan of hood pins. screws up a perfectly good hood. Maybe not so bad for yours, but a GTS, 'cuda, chally, RR hood I never understood.

I didn't mean to use the bumper mount hole..just used as a location reference.

Seriously, if you look, they can only go one place with out being WAY off of the factory location.

I installed a 73 Road Runner hood on my 74 Satellite and it had factory hood pins, so I bought a kit from year one and they fit perfect! There was a factory hole for the stud to mount for the pins so it was a bolt on. They look awesome on my car, but they are a PITA! mostly because even after almost 20 years I still pop the inside hood release before I pull the hood pins out lmao :banghead:

<--- not a fan of hood pins. screws up a perfectly good hood. Maybe not so bad for yours, but a GTS, 'cuda, chally, RR hood I never understood.

Maybe because a GTS's, 'Cuda's, Challengers and RR's were actually available with them installed from the factory? Guess the factory really screwed up some perfectly good hoods.

No guessing on a Challenger, even my '72 has dimples in the fender extension and cut outs in the hood bracing to indicate exactly where the hood pins go...

-
Back