where to put tail pipes ?

-

DAWG 340

Reaction score
I just finished mini tub and spring relocation.now its time for exhaust does any one have any pics with the springs relocated in I have no exhaust on the car so I can go any way. thanks for any advise.

I have a pic somewhere, I'll look for it later. It can be done, but it's not for an inexperienced pipe bender. I had a guy beat the crap out of my shocks and then give up after working on it all day.

We are putting 3 inch tail pipes on it soon. The plan is to use flexible ducting from the hardware store and fill it will expanding foam. Then we are going to ship the mock ups off to have them mandrel bent.

thanks for the reply. I have a friend who owns an exhaust shop he will put them where I want and that's the question where is the best location? I am not going with 3"

You could always run them out the side T/A style

25hpaat.jpg

if you look at the older pics of O.E.M. exit pipes you will see the pipe turns up a little then down, on the exit. so you cant see the pipe easily but the exhaust goes away from the bumper. dont know for sure how many but i think all or most was that way. if you put a straight pipe on it and i see it at a show ill go "what the?"

Sorry, I found the pic but forgot to post it. This is another member's car that he posted to prove to others that it could be done.

70DartTailPipesSmall.jpg

Unfortunately, it's the right side that's really tight on the 67's and I don't have a picture of that side.

-
Back