Where to source a/c hoses

-

frige

Reaction score
So I have a 65 valiant with the slant 6 and dealer installed a/c. The unit was flat so I filled it up and it worked great for a couple of days. Im sure the 59 year old hoses need replacing. Local auto supply is clueless. I have searched online and I find #10 and #8 hoses. #8 is close for the liquid line, but the #10 is 5/8 and the original suction line is 1/2. I worried the the extra 1/8 inch will cause leaks.
Also I need to replace the dryer that is 3/8 with a barbed fitting.
Ideas?

Find a mechanics shop in your area that can cut the ferrules on your existing a/c hose ends and install the ends on new hoses. There was a shop near me in southeast PA that used to do them for hydraulic and a/c hoses but stopped a few years ago. They told me about a place called Benz Hydraulics Buy Hydraulic & Pneumatic System Components | Benz Hydraulics in Delaware that does them so I took my a/c hoses there. There's probably a similar shop near you.

Century Tubes and Hoses in Tucson can make most anything. You can even send him wire bent in the shape you want and specify ends and he will make one from that.

-
Back