Which aluminum intake and carb to use?

-
One thing about both the LD4B and street dominator is that either one will support anything a set of J heads (even with the 318 sized runners) can do on teener on the street and still have good drivability. The LD4 is an LD340 (which gives up nothing to a new performer rpm or air gap) without the notch in the divider and runners and plenum sized for 318 port heads. A performer is sized right between a 318 and 360, (according to Hughes Racing) but IMHO one reason why the base performer works so well is it (I expect to receive a lot of hate on this one) looks like edelbrock made a direct copy of a DZ/LT-1 1969-1971 Chevrolet aluminum intake to fit a small block Chrysler.

How much of an improvement on that stone stock engine? Did you re-curve the distributor yet?

Using the "seat of the pants" dyno, it does feel crisper. I've never checked the gas mileage (with either the 2-bbl or the 4-bbl), so I cannot comment on that. I forgot to mention a Cloyes double roller timing chain & gears were installed during the 4-bbl swap. I also added a MP Electronic Ignition system ~10 years ago. BTW I found my LD4B on ebay ~4 years ago for $113 to my door!

Using the "seat of the pants" dyno, it does feel crisper. I've never checked the gas mileage (with either the 2-bbl or the 4-bbl), so I cannot comment on that. I forgot to mention a Cloyes double roller timing chain & gears were installed during the 4-bbl swap. I also added a MP Electronic Ignition system ~10 years ago. BTW I found my LD4B on ebay ~4 years ago for $113 to my door!

Nice score on the LD4B! I bought mine 3 yrs ago for $142 to my door. It’s surprising how the price a jumped recently... almost like it’s suddenly desirable so people are asking for more? It’s crazy to see prices for $200+ and they look like they were left in a forest for a few decades.

-
Back