Which beauty rings will fit/look like the factory installed option?

-

j_anderson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1972 Dart, SBP. I ordered a set of Rallye Wheels from Wheel Vintiques. I had planned on using my NOS beauty rings that I bought many years ago but completely didnt think about the backspacing and how that would affect beauty ring fitment. I don't want a big gap between the bottom of the beauty ring where it meets the spokes which is how the NOS rings look when installed on these wheel vintiques. Doing a google search, I see deep dish beauty rings for 14" wheel but a 2-1/2" or 3" depth. The question is, will they fit? If so , which one? Will they look like the factory installed option (no gap)?

Here are the wheels I have purchased
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 11.37.47 AM.png

Here are the options I've seen:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 11.46.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 11.46.33 AM.png

From Wheel Vintiques site (no gap):

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 12.43.14 PM 1.png

Last edited:
They’re cheap enough, buy one of each and test fit both. Keep the one you like and return the other, just don’t scratch em up. Buy 3 more of the one you like. You might find that to get the look you’re after, you’ll need the 3” on the rear and the 2-1/2 on the front.

1972 Dart, SBP. I ordered a set of Rallye Wheels from Wheel Vintiques. I had planned on using my NOS beauty rings that I bought many years ago but completely didnt think about the backspacing and how that would affect beauty ring fitment. I don't want a big gap between the bottom of the beauty ring where it meets the spokes which is how the NOS rings look when installed on these wheel vintiques. Doing a google search, I see deep dish beauty rings for 14" wheel but a 2-1/2" or 3" depth. The question is, will they fit? If so , which one? Will they look like the factory installed option (no gap)?
Below on the wife’s Cúda, 15X10 & 15X7 (IIRC on the fronts) with both trim rings.

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2177.jpeg

Below on the wife’s Cúda, 15X10 & 15X7 (IIRC on the fronts) with both trim rings.
IMG_2177.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. This is the gap I am trying to avoid

I called Wheel Vintiques a bit ago to ask which trim ring was on each of the wheels on their site. She gave me a part number to use on all 4 but then said, the backspacing shouldn't matter on trim ring fitment. Just wheel size. BS does matter though so I am not wanting to take a chance ordering the part number she gave me. Hoping another forum member has been down this road already
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 12.43.14 PM.png

No gap on these ones ^

Yep! I get ya. One of the first things someone said to me on the first showing of the car was the differences of rings and the gap. He mocked it, saying it looked stupid and asked why I did t get a matching pair so I don’t look stupid.

Yea, he really said that.

I just turned to him in a dead pan answer saying I just used what’s available. If you can find me something that is correct and matches the above said size wheels, I’ll be happy to purchase them. But I could t find anything over the past couple of months. Do so please, PLEASE TELL ME, where do I find them? Huh? Well? Hello? Where are they? How makes them? Where did you see them. HELLO! Buddy! I’m asking you something. Stop looking confused and answer the question.

While he was walking away, the followed him and badgered him.
He can’t answer the question. He was just another **** talking Ahole that knows everything and admits to nothing.

FTW Bro!

Strive for the perfection? Sure! Why not?
Not drive the car if you don’t get there?
Come on now world!!!!!
Enjoy that car before your to old!

Yep! I get ya. One of the first things someone said to me on the first showing of the car was the differences of rings and the gap. He mocked it, saying it looked stupid and asked why I did t get a matching pair so I don’t look stupid.

Yea, he really said that.

I just turned to him in a dead pan answer saying I just used what’s available. If you can find me something that is correct and matches the above said size wheels, I’ll be happy to purchase them. But I could t find anything over the past couple of months. Do so please, PLEASE TELL ME, where do I find them? Huh? Well? Hello? Where are they? How makes them? Where did you see them. HELLO! Buddy! I’m asking you something. Stop looking confused and answer the question.

While he was walking away, the followed him and badgered him.
He can’t answer the question. He was just another **** talking Ahole that knows everything and admits to nothing.

FTW Bro!

Strive for the perfection? Sure! Why not?
Not drive the car if you don’t get there?
Come on now world!!!!!
Enjoy that car before your to old!
I hear you there. People are quick to point out when they see something they don't like but where are they with solutions? This will definitely not keep me from driving and enjoying car without trim rings until I can (hopefully) come up with the correct combination.

I believe factory Mopar trim rings have "one step" on the edge.

It looks like at least one of the ones above have two or even three "steps".

I believe factory Mopar trim rings have "one step" on the edge.

It looks like at least one of the ones above have two or even three "steps".
Yeah, the step thing doesn't bother me being different but the gap is the thing I'm trying to avoid

IMG_2177.jpeg

Yea it would be nice if they offer one that didn’t do that. Buuuut….

I;ve heard the rings from a Chebby S10 are a close fit, and cheap. I'll see if I have a set and mock them up. It might take a couple of days to look through the unknown move boxes.

the depth on your front wheels works with your stock rings, right? How much deeper are the rear wheels? Looks like 3/4 inch deeper from your first post. How deep are the stock rings? Chrysler made 14x7 wheels in big bolt pattern, but I don't know what the backspacing was.

I will admit that if the car isn't a perfect nuts and bolts restoration (and I know yours is modified), I really prefer the polished rings to the factory brushed stainless ones.

DSC04565.JPG

DSC00872.JPG

I found a combination that works for the wheels I have, which are posted above. The beauty rings I used are also posted above. The 3" deep dish could use another 1/4 to be tight to the spokes but the 2.5" are perfect on the front. Either way, I'm happy with the look.

Rear
IMG_7131.JPG

IMG_7130.JPG

Front
IMG_7132.JPG

IMG_7133.JPG

IMG_7134.jpg

-
Back