which brake system to use?

-

w2dodge

Reaction score
need some advise,im looking to swap to disc brakes from which company i dont know...(wilwood,ssbc,mp,etc).? my car is a 69 dart 340..10" manaul drums all around...the car runs high 10s...i will drive the family around once i do the swap..shes 3200LBS...so im looking for a good reliable kit..thanks

i just installed AR engineering viper caliper kit on my car and i'm real happy with it. i'm using drum brake spindles and the kit i bought uses 11.75" cordoba rotors. the calipers i found used on egay
http://www.arengineering.com/

0606091808a.jpg

I have the wilwood front disc brake kit for the drum spindles on my car, work great. You will have to change the master cyl too.

Trevor

I have the SSBC kit on my car and like it a lot. I think you are going to get all different responses on this one lol. All of the companies you named make a good product in my humble opinion.

Go with what your budget will allow.

thanks guys for your opinion, im just not sure which one to use..tech dude at mopar action highly recommended master power kit..black dart was the wilwood kit an easy installation?

i like the viper kit why will i have to change my upper control arm though? my car is a 72 and the link says you need 73 upper control arms

i like the viper kit why will i have to change my upper control arm though? my car is a 72 and the link says you need 73 upper control arms

pretty sure the ball joints are different.
could just buy tubular uppers with correct ball joints.
i've had non adjustable uppers for a few years now and they weren't too exspensive and i have more caster.

pretty sure the ball joints are different.
could just buy tubular uppers with correct ball joints.
i've had non adjustable uppers for a few years now and they weren't too exspensive and i have more caster.

ok i miss read the link i was thinking i could use my spindles how much was the whole conversion once it was said and done for you

hard to say since the brake upgrade was combined with suspension upgrade.
late model drum spindles from wildcat, egay cordoba drilled/slotted rotors, viper calipers from egay, caliper adaptors from
ar engineering, misc. hardware, probably $600/$700 calipers cost the most at $300.00 used.

-
Back