which dart is more disirable

-

shafer

Reaction score
heres your choice to ahard question
given that 2 1969 darts in mint original condition are for sale

1 is a dart GT with 225 slant six console and bucket seats A/c and all the bells and whistles including all chrome moldings wheel well trim turn signal indicators bumperettes, 14 in wheels ect

the other is a bare bones custom w/o a/c chrome no options plain jane with a 318 and 13 in wheels

which would you rather have?

For just a cool old cruiser car I too would take the GT. If you have building a race car go with the Custom.

I would take the custom. I love no-option cars. I had a 67 Dart 170 three-speed manual with no options. Wish I hadn't sold it.

The GT, slants are cool and you could always drop a V8 in later if you wanted, and whole car is nicer. The other car just has the V-8 going for it.

^^^^yea, and it is not like it is a desirable engine at that

It all depends on what your future plans for the Dart are. If you're going to keep it all original I think the GT is the best choice. But if you're planning on building the car to be what you think it should be, then go for the plain Jane.
I wouldn't want to mod a survivor Swinger 340, GT, or GTS, so I found a '69 Dart 270 for my build. The previous owner had already started a restomod build but had tired of it, so I bought it and will build it to be exactly what I want.
Choose your direction, then plan accordingly.

/6 car!! I already have a no options 318 car,which is ending up as a street/bracket car. About all I can do with it.

Either one. Both would get a bigger motor any way. Be nice to have that A/C in the summer time though.

Write down a list of all the pros and cons of each as YOU see it and choose the one with the longest list.

wich ever car is in better condition to start with is the one you should go with

GT, the bucket seats, and all the options can all be sold if you don't want them. My 69 GT has every option you can get, and it makes it a lot more enjoyable to drive, If you want a drag car, take the other one.

The line here is very small.

It's almost like…….. Which twin would pick in the photo below.

Attachments

• a-hot-twins-18.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 194
If both are equal condition the V-8 will sell for more. And the V-8 one doesn't have air. The rim/tires are an easy swap.

Almost no two cars are in equal condition.

-
Back