Which dynomax ultra do I need?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Will the 17219's fit my 73 Duster floorpan profile ? It's a custom exhaust, just looking to see what mufflers I need to buy and take them. Thanks.

What size is the case?

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 8.02.53 PM.png

I have the Dynomax welded ultra-flow 17219's on my '74 Duster with a 2.5" summit exhaust system, they fit well.

I was looking at that. Though I have a good neighbor who runs a nice muffler shop... I was looking at this.

Agreed. There the same as (or very close to my) Hooker Aero Chambers & Dyno Max Super Turbos. They will fit right in that area that is literally under the seat.

The question you asked is really a question of muffler case length. Not the overall length. Just the case. The tabs or pipes that are on the muffler can be trimmed down so the rest of the exhaust piping can fit into it.

These are the Dynomax Super Turbos compared to Magnaflow Universal mufflers on a TTi exhaust. Dynomax had a 14" length case, Magnaflow had an 18" long case and were 5" x 8".

Dynomax vs. Magnaflow.jpg

TTI Exhaust (Magnaflow).jpg

TTI Exhaust.jpg

Youtube is hard to get a feel for sound and noise. For a non daily driver, will these be too loud? I'm looking hard at the Ultraflows with 2.5" full length exhaust for my mild 360 Duster. I'm over the flow master tin can sound. Is the sound going to be too much? I don't mind listening to some rock and roll while driving this machine now.

-
Back