which electric fan will fit?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Installed my aluminum radiator in the 72 Demon. Installed the aluminum fan shroud and a 16" electric fan. Whole assembly including radiator must be 7" thick and I only have about 5" to install it??? Hits the front of the fan pulley bigtime??? Anybody been through this issue. Which fan/fans will fit in my demon with a stock aluminum 22" radiator?? Or should I just go stock. Car is an A/C car.......

You could look at using a thin line fan by spal or going to 2 smaller fans. I'm doing the later. This moves the thickest part of the fans, the motors, to either side of the pulleys.

offset the fan an inch or so from the water pump nose...

or make the fan a pusher instead of a puller......

Ford Contour SVT dual fan set up. Monster air and slim design Best part is in the center of the fan there is about 1/2"-1" of meat you can trim out if needed

assuming you mean stock size aftermarket aluminum radiator such as a 22" Champion..

this is behind my magnum crate motor. drivers side fan is on a temp. sensor- on at 185, the right side is switched from the dash.
plan on electrical upgrades for dual fans. -pauly

Attachments

• 30102130_SPEC.pdf
    853.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 0625131824a.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 302
assuming you mean stock size aftermarket aluminum radiator such as a 22" Champion..

this is behind my magnum crate motor. drivers side fan is on a temp. sensor- on at 185, the right side is switched from the dash.
plan on electrical upgrades for dual fans. -pauly

Same here,works great on a stock style brass radiator as well. I used the transmission cooler mount ties. Slick....

Seen the mid 90's Ford Taurus fans used on stock radiators as well. Single fan but has high and low setting. Guys use the low setting from what I've seen (2500 or 3000 cfm on low. can't remeber exactly) and they say it blows away a single 16" Zirgo 3000 cfm fan in the cooling department. But the catch is that the fan and shroud are fairly thick I think whereas the Zirgo (ZFB16S) is slimmer. The Taurus fan is offset to one side which helps but I think that a little trimming could be required to clear the water pump pulley. There's an old thread here I'll look for but both the Taurus and SVT fans were recommended it seemed. And IIRC the SVT fans pull some pretty good amperage...

I've used the Taurus fan on the slant and now the 360 magnum motor. I had to remove some of the webbing to clear the slant water pump, but it clears nicely on the v8 mag, even with the serpentine setup. The one thing about the fan I don't like is the shroud. It doesn't seem to fit very well no matter how I placed it due to the lower edge being more shallow than the top edge. I run it on high only and it REQUIRES an 80amp relay and some heavy gauge wire to run. It will melt a 40amp relay to slag in a few hours of run time.

-
Back