Which exhaust system?

-

MB43

Reaction score
I need to put a "street" type exhaust on my race car in order to run on Saturdays and in the Pinks All Out event. So I'm looking for suggestions.

This car doesn't drive on the street at all, only the track 1/4 mile at a time.

3 inch? 2.5 inch? Do I need an X pipe? An H pipe? Or just a plain old dual exhaust? What kind of mufflers?

Of course, I'm cheap, so let's keep the price down. I've been looking at the Jeg's and Summit generic dual-exhaust systems.

If you want something to just pass tech, but still flow nicely... go with a 3 inch exhaust, and some turbo mufflers (More or less straight-through style). They'll flow nicely, almost if not as good as straight through, and quiet it down a bit.

I have 3" in my Cuda, and it's very very rev-happy. Almost no restrictions.

If your in need of something just for the upcoming events, Summit Racing sells a 3" system with turbo mufflers for about 2 bills.

If you want something to just pass tech, but still flow nicely... go with a 3 inch exhaust, and some turbo mufflers (More or less straight-through style). They'll flow nicely, almost if not as good as straight through, and quiet it down a bit.

That sounds just like what I'm looking for. I'll go with the Jeg's kit, and add a couple fo turbo mufflers.

get the cheapest straight though muffler you can get but make sure they are 3" inside tube.

I'm checking with E-Town to see what's legal, but what I think I'm gonna do is get a pair of turbo type mufflers with a pair of turndowns after it. Slap 'em on and call it a day. As long as they've got no issue with it then I'm good, otherwise I'll have to go with the full exhaust.

E-Town said "ok" to just a pair of mufflers with turndowns, so I'm going that route instead of the full exhaust. Yay, cheaper! ;-)

Yeah but Abodybomber brought it back from the dead so I figured he was curious for more suggestions.

-
Back