which fan??

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
which fan would you run? just received my new shroud that should allow a 18" fan. i have these two fans. any opinion on which is better? i have read that the 5 blade moves a bunch of air. its much lighter. thats for sure.

IMG_20240719_121258.jpg

IMG_20240719_121317.jpg

IMG_20240719_121327.jpg

IMG_20240719_121335.jpg

the 7 blade is much quieter supposedly and i would run it.

1. Blade pitch
  2. Diameter
  3. Number of blades
All go into the amount of air a fin will move.

My 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a 5 blade and sounds like a jet going between 1st and 2nd.

1. Blade pitch
  2. Diameter
  3. Number of blades
All go into the amount of air a fin will move.

My 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a 5 blade and sounds like a jet going between 1st and 2nd.
yeah that fan noise makes me nuts, all old cop cars and our old chevy tow trucks sounded like a turbo space heater 3 feet from your head

not too worried about the noise. i want the most air flowing.

i have to send the 7 blade out to get powder coated. too ugly the way it is. may throw the 5 on now and see how i like it, then try the 7.

both 18" fans.

Hayden #2947 drive for the -215.

i have the short hayden clutch. i was just changing fans. i'll send the 315 out for powder , i put teh 5 blade onand it moves some air. let it idle in my garage and the gauge moved about an 1/8 inch after 20 minutes.. much better then before.. i will run this 5 blade and if i'm happy with it it will stay.. if not i'll put the nice 7 blade onit.. i will say the 5 blade is so much easier to get to the bolts to put them started..lol

that shout hayden clutch really makes those bolts difficult.
i have the CVF aluminum water pump pulley that is really thick and there is barely any fan riding on the water pump hub... scares me a bit... and yeah.. last time i put the fan on i removed the radiator first, that hayden clutch is not easy

-
Back