Which Fram Oil Filter.

-
I have been using Fram oil filters since 1980 in all of my everyday vehicles and also my Muscle cars and I have never had any issues. Still using Fram to this day.
I have also used Fram filters forever, until I bought my Cummins, which I now use Wix. Never had an issue with Fram but I did have a Wix filter leak at a seam last year. Fuel filters display the mico readings, but I don't see it on the oil filters. I hear the new Fram filters are not as good as the as yesteryears. Just hearsay, not by experience.

many wix are made in china. napa filters are no longer wix
Some Wix filters made in China is a fact. Have to physically look on the part itself to see where it says it was made. Not saying good or bad as I have no inside knowledge. But with Wix not being an OEM filter, it makes me nervous what is inside the part when it got moved to there.

Fram got bought out and the quality nosedived
Yeah, in like 1983 and 1989 and 1994 and 2002 and (etc).

But there's always gumby someone going "I've been swinging my left arm in a figure-8 between 6:54 and 6:59 every morning for 37 years and I haven't ever been eaten by an aardvark!"

And as I was saying just the other day: Spark plugs, engine oil, oil filters, religions, air filters…

Last edited:
-
Back