Which Front End Kit

Which front suspension rebuild kit & why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
my vote for "others" doesn't mean some other web vendor or kit.
I prefer OEM rubber construction and Moog brand front end parts.
I buy from my local part stores when ever possible. I may pay a little more but...
I get exactly what I want, only what I need, support my local economy, and help my neighbor keep his job.

Depends on what you're doing. If your just cruising rubber bushing will work just fine but if your auto crossing the car then you will want Poly bushings.

i picked other also...

you can get moog parts through rock auto for a decent price...

i have also used espo when rebuilding jamies front end. great customer service and quick *** delivery..

I agree with "others". Moog parts and OEM rubber is what my brother put on his '67 Cuda and that's what we are putting on Project Deeds. For cruising or going in a straight line really fast it does the job.

I`ve used PST for 3 cars now, including a big block car that needed a special pitman arm, and they were able to provide everything. I`ve also dealt with Just Suspension via Amazon and got a smoking deal on KYB shocks. In addition to their already low price they gave me an additional 15% off when they were out of stock on them. Both places have offered me great service.

my vote for "others" doesn't mean some other web vendor or kit.
I prefer OEM rubber construction and Moog brand front end parts.
I buy from my local part stores when ever possible. I may pay a little more but...
I get exactly what I want, only what I need, support my local economy, and help my neighbor keep his job.

ONLY MOOG ON MY CARS
]I had major problems with PST, there customer service is horrible.
swent me wrong parts and when i wanted to return them.they blew me off.
i had to call my credit card company to get results.never again would i use PST!

Moog all the way just finished mine, complete front with new torsion bars.. very happy. o72d

I voted other. I pieced my 68 cuda front end together using moog parts from rockauto.com. and bought seperate pieces like torsion bars from just suspension, upper control arms and HD 11/16" tie rod ends from firm feel...

i used pst on my cuda years back and it made the car handle awesome compared to what i had. as far as just suspension goes, i have been hearing alot of good things about them from my friend who works for them. you can shoot him a pm , hes tireguy222 on here.

I bought from Just Susoensions, very happy with customer service and the products. The car handles 100% better, but then it still had the original 38 year old rubber on it when I got it.

I vote "not enough information given." How in the world are we supposed to give advice on this when we don't even know what you intend to do with your car? Based on that, every answer that could be given is wrong because no one has a clue what you're doin with it. Every application has a different answer.

Stroker has a point but my vote is other, as I bought from my local mopar performance shop in Pomona Calif. Mayo Perf. Jason there knows his mopars and had the stuff in stock at a good price.

I vote "not enough information given." How in the world are we supposed to give advice on this when we don't even know what you intend to do with your car? Based on that, every answer that could be given is wrong because no one has a clue what you're doin with it. Every application has a different answer.

Good point! The car is a family ice cream parlor cruiser. Rarely on the highway. Never at the track.

I checked other since you stated this is just an around town fun car .I'd advise as others have and say stick with the stock rubber stuff.Some of the poly bushings require more than just changing the bushings or your suspension geometry will be too far out of spec.In My experience.

Bob's Pro Fab .... What a NICE set-up .... My car drives and handles so much better .... And Bob stands behind everything he does ... What a GREAT guy ....

hemi dart 2.jpg

I am doing a complete suspension over..see my question in the suspension forum..over and I am planning on using PST but my e-mails from them have been less than satisfactory. I find UAP locally to be quite expensive when I am comparing prices including shipping.

Where is this MOOG place or rock auto..how is their customer service...can I ask if the sell kits or do I have to spend time going through all the noise to find what I want..tried to do this with jegs and just about drove me crazy..

I will be ordering soon.

Thanks
Ian.

I am doing a complete suspension over..see my question in the suspension forum..over and I am planning on using PST but my e-mails from them have been less than satisfactory. I find UAP locally to be quite expensive when I am comparing prices including shipping.

Where is this MOOG place or rock auto..how is their customer service...can I ask if the sell kits or do I have to spend time going through all the noise to find what I want..tried to do this with jegs and just about drove me crazy..

I will be ordering soon.

Thanks
Ian.

grassy,

I went with MOOG (brand name) parts on my Dart GT. My mechanic suggested them as well.
You could check www.rockauto.com and find replacement parts there.
Good luck!

Dan

I have been playing with the rockauto site...unfortunately, the staff will not help me with the products....I understood that they were supposed to be helpful...I am a nob with this..maybe they only help those that know what they are doing...so I have been trudging around trying to find compatible products..I have been using moog as well..as far as I know, rockauto do not carry sway bars .. I tried to verify this with the staff and they would not confirm or deny..

So, do these business have so much business that they can piss off a 1K order ??

I will be doing some more comparisons but to date, rockauto is over 100 dollers more ..not including shipping..than pst..

I will follow up this post later.

Ian

Bob's profab is sooooo far out of my snack bracket... but it loos awesome !!

-
Back