Which fuel pump????

-

FJ5

Reaction score
I'm building a 408 stroker from a 5.9 magnum with a LA front cover. Which fuel pump do I order? Ie what year do I tell the parts guy at autozone? Running a 750 demon carb. Any help would pre appreciated.

Sounds like you're going mechanical if so use the Edelbrock with 3/8" ports or the clay smith with 1/2" ports . Most other fuel pumps available use 1/4" ports.

Mechanical fuel pump is what I'm talking about. Can I use my factory fuel line?

Do you have a LA cam or magnum cam in the engine...Magnum cam does not have snout to run an eccentric for a mechanic pump...

hughes engines sells adapter to go on front of magnum engine/cam to allow the eccentric...

just a note..

Thanks Tony, I have the eccentric from hughes. I wondering if I can use my stock fuel line with the edelbrock fuel pump. Someone chime in and give me some advice.

Sorry, 1970 dart with original slant six. Will the slant six fuel line work with a 408 and edelbrock fuel pump?

For a stroker you would want at least 3/8" line maybe 1/2" .Stock type senders are available in 3/8" and 1/2". Stock replacement lines are available in 3/8", or you can run aluminum or AN line all the way up . Pretty easy to do. Original line is 5/16" , pretty small to feed a stroker.

-
Back