Which generation Efi ? OBD1 or 2? Can't decide

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I realize the ease and expense of going with the 92-95 or so era. I also realize that from what I've read, have more tunable system with the 96-up 5.9. Who besides Hotwire make a 5.9 plug n play for my 73 A body? Decisions decisions.

IF I were to ever build something with EFI, OBD1 would never be on the table as an option.

Have you looked, into Mega squirt?... If you don't need, smog inspections .... A different ,choice...
I realize the ease and expense of going with the 92-95 or so era. I also realize that from what I've read, have more tunable system with the 96-up 5.9. Who besides Hotwire make a 5.9 plug n play for my 73 A body? Decisions decisions.

I want to go oem. Not trying for power. Reliability and fuel economy. I just don't know about $600 for a harness! Ugghh.

I'm in the same boat! I just bought a low mile 5.9 with all of the under hood wiring and ECU from a 98 3500 straight drive truck. I don't want to sink more into a harness than what I have in the 88 D100 that it's going into. I'm capable of modifying the harness myself, and would be glad to pay someone like Hotwire or ? to give me a wiring diagram of how to do it. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough yet. I'm going to look on Alldata to see if I can find a wiring diagram for the harness, and see if I can cipher it out.

I think that's how Hotwire makes their money... by not telling us how to hack it.

Would you ask a chef to stop cooking for customers and show you how to cook an egg for free? His kids have to eat and go to collage, braces, etc....ever wonder why there are no more speed shops?

I have built magnum conversion harnesses for 18 years. I would recommend you find FSM's rather than Alldata or as we call it, Somedata. There are numerous sources for FSM's on various forums, ebay etc....good luck.

-
Back