which header to use

-

moparwelder340

71swingaa
Reaction score
all right guys here it goes... i have a 71 swinger slant6 auto.. swapping out for 05 hemi and a 833 4speed using stock 6-k frame...I'm looking for suggestions on headers...I'd like to use factory power steering. I've already have the engine and trans resting in the car.

You are probably getting a poor response as this question is asked/discussed about every week.
There are a coupla threads going right now, and a search will prob give a gazillion results.

Bottom line , - Doug's or TTI, - with Doug's being more cost effective, especially when AutoZone has their 20% off sale, several times a year.
Good luck, cheers .

I run the TTI and expensive they fit very well. Doug's were not ready when I did my swap so i missed out on that one. There is a certain year Jeep SRT manifold/headers that fit but there is work involved to get the exhaust pipe to it. i think it's the 2010 ones it's on here somewhere in a thread. but it did not work for all so keep that in mind.

TTI or Holley seem to be the only games in town. TTI fits great with a manual box. I don't think you'll get those for power steering. Have no experience with Holley. They look to be a shorty style deal. I tried a 2010/2011Jeep Grand Cherokee manifold with power box. No bueno. Fit great with manual box. The Jeep SRT manifolds are a no go. I have a set that I tried. They could possibly be MADE to work. It would take cutting, angling, and rewelding. I wonder how a smaller Borgeson box would work? I have no experience with those either. All my test fitting was done with a 73 Scamp.

I was able to get the TTI headers to fit with some clearancing but not with a factory PS gear. Look at the install notes for TTI and there are a few applications you can use with a Borgeson PS gear.

As Gold said, If you're referring to 71 PS box then no way will that work.

Manual box fits.

If you really need PS then Borgeson PS box fits.

Another alternative is electric power steering assist mounted under dash with manual box.

Last edited:
-
Back